Author Topic: I had to do it!!!!  (Read 1420 times)

Offline X-Ring

• This how I mix flavors!!!
I had to do it!!!!
« on: January 26, 2012, 01:15:01 AM »
I just ordered my new precious !!!

I just couldn't resist getting it, but do have a question they recommended 3 ohm resistance attys. Why and where can I get some extra's?
Also what voltage could I safely use on say the new 3.5ML DCT (Dual Coil Tank)?

I am a noob to all this awesome vaping equipment. I only had the tornado-t about week. I don't have a mains charge adapter or a 510 to 510 spacer so cant use my tank attys, but I wanted a bigger atty anyway, and figured I would try the new ones out. They are out of stock for the mains adapter in U.S.A. I may just have to use the drip tip to play with my new toy till I can get an adapter.
      Money spent at TW $1554.13.

Date I should break even!!!     November 10, 2012.

Offline RichJr

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Hero Member
  • 😇
    • TW Forum Rules
Re: I had to do it!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 02:16:42 AM »
I wish I had the money to spare :(
Anywho, I use my duel coils with the booster at 4.2 and it's nice. I don't dare try higher but that's me (until I have a spare I can destroy)! They recommend 3ohm because most people like to go higher in volts if they can and with the vvv you can easily blow an LR. I mean EASILY. Even a standard resistance atty takes a huge beating at 5v. Never mind 6v. That's the high end and if you can control yourself you can rest assured that a ~2.5ohm atomize will vape great all the way up to 4.5v and maybe a bit beyond 5v depending on how saturated the atty and how quick you take a vape.  Nice piece of equipment. :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 02:19:30 AM by Rtsjr »

I do everything with my iPhone. Odyssey all day baby ;D

Offline dennab

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 07:17:38 AM »
The thing with the Torpedo is if you set too high a voltage for the carto or atty you are using the circuitry in it ramps back the supplied voltage to a safe level automatically  ;)

Offline Malicious Intent 63

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 01:23:25 PM »
The thing with the Torpedo is if you set too high a voltage for the carto or atty you are using the circuitry in it ramps back the supplied voltage to a safe level automatically  ;)

That's why I'm likin the unit more & more.
I'm goin to have to make about the ohms.
But happy that if it's to much Voltage it won't fire it will drop so it won't fry.. ;D

Offline X-Ring

• This how I mix flavors!!!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2012, 10:21:56 PM »
Well I got my Torpedo and it is awesome, so far I am only using the supplied drip tip. I cant decide which flavor to put in my DCT.
I started with a  crappy  analog copy from a different copy then found TW and got a Tornado-t and I was hooked. Now I have a VVV and this is my first go at DD.  I am loving the taste and very relaxing.

Where can I get some extra attys like the ones that came with the Torpedo? Maybe something better IDK. I have other dc mega's and tank setups to try once I get the spacer/adapter, just looking for something to drip in now.

I know Cyborg will post on  this since he is a dripper LMAO so how high should I run the voltage on these to make them last reasonably long?

Also is the any special tips for cleaning? Do they need a blowing out? 
      Money spent at TW $1554.13.

Date I should break even!!!     November 10, 2012.

Offline drbud

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 04:29:08 AM »
Standard 510 attys are what you should use,they vary from manufactures in ohms usually a tad but they will work fine.I have a 6 volt device
and all I use are TW standard attys(DD)is all I do with great results.most people will use this device between 4 and 5 volt setting anyway.As long as you keep the atty moist you will be fine.And excessive long button pushes which could kill it wouldnt be a problem on this device cuz of the voltage monitoring.

Unable to load the 'forum.totallywicked-eliquid.com_below' template.