Author Topic: Tornado Booster  (Read 8192 times)

Offline JohnEAngel

• final incarnate of 3D Earth
Re: Tornado Booster
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2011, 11:57:30 PM »
That's usually what happens with me when I'm not expecting it.  At first I think my carto needs some juice and then I see the light flashing.  Definitely about the last 3 draws weaken as the battery charge depletes.
Help wanted.  Need assistant to refill my cartos and charge my batteries must be willing to work for eliquid wages.

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2011, 03:56:26 AM »
...What concerns me..... why buy one when I could use the money on some other shiney stuff for the same cost... ie attys,batteries.....and does it spoil you to the degree that Vaping without one looses something...

I think what I mean is that would any of you be able to be as content with your Vaping if your VV's were taken away...

Well Tim, I really hate to say this because I'm a huge VV fan, but......  if you're happy with what you've got you might be better off skipping the Booster (who said that? ???) and spending that money on attys/cartos/juice/whatever.  I still vape on bare naked Tornado batteries on a daily basis because I vape so many flavors throughout the day and I only have three VV devices, but if I'm being honest, I don't enjoy it nearly as much as I do VVing.  If you get a Booster, and if you're like me, you may find that you won't want to vape w/o it. :(

I'd be a sad panda (and very, VERY cranky (and quite possibly dangerous to be around)) if my VVs were taken away from me.

Oh, and since these are in limited supply, I doubt they'll be on discount (baring another yo-yo or the daily Twitter discounts) anytime soon (and since I've stuck my neck out and said that, I'm sure they'll be in the weekly discount section tomorrow :D).
Nick

Offline lordy

• Steve
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2011, 04:20:30 AM »
I promised myself I was going to resist the temptation, but desire got the better of me. I should be getting my booster and 50 CE3's today!

I love the CE3's despite the batteries they've destroyed of mine and I was only depriving myself by not using them again. I'm hoping I'll get more life out of some of the older, faded attys that I've been collecting for the last year. Sure, they may burn out as soon as I whack up the voltage but at least I'll get a drawer back!

Have to say I'm very excited about this :D

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2011, 05:28:25 AM »
I promised myself I was going to resist the temptation, but desire got the better of me. I should be getting my booster and 50 CE3's today!

I love the CE3's despite the batteries they've destroyed of mine and I was only depriving myself by not using them again. I'm hoping I'll get more life out of some of the older, faded attys that I've been collecting for the last year. Sure, they may burn out as soon as I whack up the voltage but at least I'll get a drawer back!

Have to say I'm very excited about this :D

OK lordy, just forget everything I said above (like you were paying any attention to me anyway! ::) :D).  You're going to LOVE this thing!!!  Absolutely love it I tell you!  YEAH BOOSTER!  GO BOOSTER!  Hip, hip HOORAY!       ??? erm, sorry.  I just took one of caz's little blue pills, so I'm doing much some better now. ;D

Where was I? :-\.... oh yeah, as I was saying.  I think you'll you'll find your new Booster will provide you with a most pleasant and civilized vape.....  ???  oh, BS.  The Booster rocks.    And yes, you should get more life out of your poor old tired-out attys and get your drawer back.  Maybe more life than you think as I've yet to kill one with higher voltage ( :-\ but then again, I seldom go much above 4.2v).

Downside? :-\  Well, you're going to find yourself charging your batteries a tad more often. :-\  Then there's that whole "dude, this sucks .... where's my Booster" thing.  Once you've gone VV, vaping w/o it is just..... boring.

Nick

Offline lordy

• Steve
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2011, 07:00:33 AM »
Well, my booster arrived just 30 mins ago. Before its arrival I was frustrated at the gurgling my Mega T was doing without really giving off much flavour, vapour or hit. The silicone cap has been on the tank cartridge for less than 24 hours so I know it's not that the cap needs replacing - it's that good ol' tale-off in performance from a well used atty.

Suffice to say it was the right time for the booster to arrive! I parted the atty from the 'nado pass-thru, stuck the booster in the middle and started with the dial half way. There was a slight but noticable improvement in atty performance. I turned the dial to max and it made my dying atty perform far better than when it was new!

I was worried that it might affect flavour but not so - even with Pina Colada the sweetness remained unchanged, and just a few blasts at 10mg has made me feel rather light-headed!

Am just about to fill the first of my 50 new precious's (CE3), safe in the knowledge that my battery isn't at risk.

I was worried that for the small increase in performance, and the shame of having my ecig look more like a flute, 50 would be a lot of money. I have absolutely no regrets about spending the pennies and I couldn't care if it looked like I was vaping a guitar! As you say 8ball, it seriously rocks!

Offline Timuk

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2011, 12:55:05 PM »
Hi 8ball...

Well....

Was convinced after your post that putting off buying a VV and sticking to what I know and was content with was the right decsision.... Then I read your next post and my Vaping world turned upside down.....

Have decided...VV going on the Xmas wish list.....everyone says I am vey difficult to buy for..... now I can tell everyone what I want  :D

Less 930 spent on Vaping so far....

Offline cath77

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2011, 12:59:11 PM »
Lol Mr Wicked should start paying 8Ball commission for all the boosters he's helped to sell ;)

Do you like the Booster 8Ball? ;D

Offline Timuk

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2011, 03:27:20 PM »
Is the booster like using an LV all the time ? As I am using LV attys for my tornado tank and just loving it...

Or have I got this wrong ?

Also, another thing that is putting me off is the look... as I have seen mentioned.....sort of turning my Tornado into what looks like a musical instrument ?

Mind you, as Cath told me when I first joined.... the look will become secondary to a good vape..... which is another thing ai have found to be true.... was going to order a Titan rather than a Torndao as I thought it look better and now glad I didn't.....

Anyway...

Answers on a postcard please...

Or failing that..... A reply on here would be good  :)

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2011, 03:58:03 PM »
Hi 8ball...

Well....

Was convinced after your post that putting off buying a VV and sticking to what I know and was content with was the right decsision.... Then I read your next post and my Vaping world turned upside down.....

Have decided...VV going on the Xmas wish list.....everyone says I am vey difficult to buy for..... now I can tell everyone what I want  :D

Gosh, I'm sorry about that whole "upside down world" thing Tim. :( ;)  But, it's great that you've got your list for Santa done. ;D  And maybe he'll get lucky and get in on a yo-yo. :)  You've just reminded me.... I need to work on my vaping/Xmas list (they're really one in the same aren't they ;D).

Lol Mr Wicked should start paying 8Ball commission for all the boosters he's helped to sell ;)

Do you like the Booster 8Ball? ;D

Can I think about it and get back to you cath? ;D  LOL.

Is the booster like using an LV all the time ? As I am using LV attys for my tornado tank and just loving it...

Or have I got this wrong ?

Also, another thing that is putting me off is the look... as I have seen mentioned.....sort of turning my Tornado into what looks like a musical instrument ?

Mind you, as Cath told me when I first joined.... the look will become secondary to a good vape..... which is another thing ai have found to be true.... was going to order a Titan rather than a Torndao as I thought it look better and now glad I didn't.....

Anyway...

Answers on a postcard please...

Or failing that..... A reply on here would be good  :)

LOL Tim.  Do you mean LR?  If so, then yes and no ??? (right to the point as always, am I :D).  The LR devices are meant to simulate high voltage vaping on a lower voltage device.  Without getting too technical (I hope), LRs will make the atty coil run hotter, which will give you more, and warmer, vapor (i.e. a stronger hit).  With the LRs you can hit your PV more like an analog (i.e. suck harder for a shorter period of time).  The thing about the LR is..... :-\  well, just like any other non-VV device, they are what they are.  There's no adjustment to be had.  Either you like the way they vape or you don't, and there's nothing you can do about it.  I'll venture to say if you like vaping on the LRs, you'll love VV vaping (I don't like the LRs, but I do love VVing ???).  One thing, you can use your LRs on the Booster, but you won't have as much adjustment range.  You might want to add a few standard resistance attys, or a few Mega Tank attys (my personal fav) to Santa's list.  I bet with the Booster you'll like them even better than your LRs.

And don't get too wrapped around the axle about not having a Booster just now.  If you're loving the LRs just keep on showing them the love.  When the timing is right, you'll get a Booster, and in the mean time...... Vape On!

P.S.  Postcard's in the mail. ;)
Nick

Offline Timuk

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2011, 04:48:44 PM »
Cheers 8Ball..

VV on the back burner for now... Going to be an Xmas treat...... ;)

Well, that's my theory at the moment, which could quite easily be blown put of the water when you next post with comments like "YEAH BOOSTER" "..... "GO BOOSTER"....... Etc etc....  :'(

Tim  ;)

caz

« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2011, 05:27:44 PM »
Cheers 8Ball..

VV on the back burner for now... Going to be an Xmas treat...... ;)

Well, that's my theory at the moment, which could quite easily be blown put of the water when you next post with comments like "YEAH BOOSTER" "..... "GO BOOSTER"....... Etc etc....  :'(

Tim  ;)

Awww Tim  would you like me to arrange to have 8balls hands tied together so he cannot type until christmas  :-\     but thinking about it,  probably not a good idea he would most likely enjoy that  :o  like he does the naughty corner   ;)

Offline cath77

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2011, 05:33:29 PM »
It won't work, he would probably use his tornado/booster/clearo combo to type with ;D

Offline pufferfish

• puffball
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2011, 05:36:34 PM »
 :o
He won't be able to hold his booster and vape with his hands tied together :o
Caz, you're asking for trouble... or maybe I can hold it for him?  ???
Or maybe not.. :-X

caz

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2011, 05:37:13 PM »
It won't work, he would probably use his tornado/booster/clearo combo to type with ;D

lol  yeah your probably right,    hmm  any other suggestions how we can stop 8ball posting till christmas  :-\

lol answers on a postcard please   :P

caz

« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2011, 05:43:00 PM »

Ellie if you really want to hold things for 8Ball    cough   thats your choice  :o

Offline cath77

« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2011, 05:49:58 PM »

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2011, 05:01:54 AM »
Awww Tim  would you like me to arrange to have 8balls hands tied together so he cannot type until christmas  :-\     but thinking about it,  probably not a good idea he would most likely enjoy that  :o  like he does the naughty corner   ;)

Caz is gonna tie me up!.....

lol  yeah your probably right,    hmm  any other suggestions how we can stop 8ball posting till christmas  :-\

Well, you could try asking. 

Ellie if you really want to hold things for 8Ball    cough   thats your choice  :o

Nick

caz

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2011, 06:40:52 AM »
LOL nick,   well its a start,  the typing has decreased and the say it with smiley's has began  :P

Tim you should be ok now unless nick/8Ball   finds a   "yay gotta buy a booster smiley"     ??? :o

Offline Timuk

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2011, 08:27:44 AM »
Caz

Given up the fight..... something's are just inevitable......

VV being added to the shopping basket along with some more stuff I promised I would wait for .....   :-[

O well......

caz

« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2011, 08:53:31 AM »
oh dear   the shiny syndrome strikes again  :o

Offline TZC

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2012, 08:14:23 PM »
I'm back, the booster is still working fine after what, 8 months?  and I couldn't be without it now. I'm currently using a screwdriver battery compartment and CE3 smokymiser atty. The worry about looks went a long time ago, though sometimes people on the street look a bit scared of me  :D
Booster is set full low when new, gradually raising voltage if or as needed.  They're still expensive but it can make a great difference.

I've got about 24 posts to make before I can read the 4 or 5 PMs sent.. so resurrecting this with some kind of loose point on the quality of the booster as a start seemed better than pointless 3 word drivel if anyone's wondering why.

I don't get why the 30 post to read PM is there but..

Oh PS. I dropped the lot months ago and the converter used for attaching the screwdriver battery case bent the booster end slightly. It's a silver banana frankenstein vaper- still works fine  :P so they're pretty tough too.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 08:18:04 PM by TZC »