Author Topic: Tornado Booster  (Read 8193 times)

Offline Jonny5Stacks

Tornado Booster
« on: September 22, 2011, 06:13:14 AM »
I know I don't post on here much but I just wanted to tell everyone how happy I am with my booster upgrade.  I was a little hesitant on buying it because of the price but I will tell you all it is so worth the investment.  It is also worth the look of playing some sort of wind instrument as you smoke it...haha.  I have been analog free for 8 months and I owe it all to totally wicked.  Keep vaping my friends and let me know if you have any questions on my recent booster purchase.

-J5

Offline cyborg

• Elite Member
Re: Tornado Booster
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 06:53:27 AM »
Glad to see you are happy with the booster.
I canít decide if I want to go that way or not, I use an SD and am happy the way it is but itís a new shiny thing and RESISTANCE IS FUTILE  ;)
Congratulations on the 8 months stinky free.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED Smiley" border="0

Offline lordy

• Steve
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 07:42:46 AM »
I'm doing my best to resist temptation until I've heard comments from others. Can this thread be made a sticky, and can others let us know their experiences? I'm just looking for solid reasons to purchase (biggest hesitation is the wind instrument connotations!) and I'm sure others will too.

Out of interest what's the warranty arrangement with them? Are these designed for longevity?

Offline Kane2283

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 08:59:30 AM »
Pretty sure it's 6 month's warranty on them. I've had mine since end of June + no problem's so far. It does make for quite a long piece though lol. As for using it on the SD when i'm at home I use it on my SD then if I leave is when I have it on my tornado's.
GL + Happy Vaping

Offline Tahir

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 10:48:31 AM »
Since my e-cig setup is a Mega Tornado Battery/Atomizer and cartridge I can't see me buying this.
It'll look ridiculous.

If I were to buy it then I would have to use it with the regular sized Tornado battery,

Also, am I right in saying the booster only works with the newer Tornado batteries ? i.e. the ones
that come with the Tank kit ?

Offline prof beard

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 11:02:24 AM »

Also, am I right in saying the booster only works with the newer Tornado batteries ? i.e. the ones
that come with the Tank kit ?

No - the battery I used in my review was bought last November
I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels, but I would slave to learn the way to sink your ship of fools

Offline katepandyv

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 11:03:29 AM »
Nope , i have original TW tornado batteries and it works fine , very happy with it so far  :D .

Offline Stigmata

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 12:39:39 PM »
Mine came today :),other than a few scratches to the chrome all seems good.
It didn't come in the nice box shown in the youtube videos,but if a basic box helps keep prices down i'm all for it. :)
tested with the devices with both normal and LR atty's, tanks and it works very well.
think i'll be leaving mine on max as much as possible unless my attys start dying really fast.

just wish they was cheaper,then i'd get another as backup hehe

only been using it for a few hours,but so far my advice is BUY ONE!!! :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 02:37:31 PM by Astrecks »

Offline maria d

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 01:21:13 PM »
thanks for the pics, cant wait, cant wait!!!! mine was going to be here today, but for some stupid reason the USPS decided to make it go through NJ, and then on to NY, but 10 miles east of my house. i guess i have to wait another day. hope it makes it here.......so close, yet so far. :'(

Offline Horsemen

• U.S. Army Medic 1968-1971- May We Never Forget!!!
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 01:58:40 PM »
Maria,

According to the tracking info I was suppose to get mine today.  Got home from work and the only thing in the mailbox was an LLBean catalog.  Which made the wife happy happy happy ::) ::) ::)

Even A Broken Clock Works Twice A Day!!!!

Offline Stigmata

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 02:09:23 PM »
sucks you didn't get it today,hopefully your have it tomorrow so you have all weekend to play with it,almost didn't get mine either,ordered it for home delivery the day pre orders went live,then phoned to get it sent to my work the next day instead,but was still sent to my home.
lucky for me the same postie delivers to both my home and work and it didn't come in my work mail,so had 1 hour or so the rush home and wait for him at home lol

Offline maria d

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 02:35:43 PM »
Maria,

According to the tracking info I was suppose to get mine today.  Got home from work and the only thing in the mailbox was an LLBean catalog.  Which made the wife happy happy happy ::) ::) ::)

did yours travel and have a stop in NJ? i cant believe the 1 order i was waiting for took a round about tour of the tri state  ???

Offline JohnEAngel

• final incarnate of 3D Earth
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 09:52:45 PM »
for those of you worried about looking like a flute, let me say this.  It is awesome.  Don't take it out of the house.  I use mine only at home. Or if you are on a plane, you can pretend that you are playing a flute but you are actually vaping!  8) 
Help wanted.  Need assistant to refill my cartos and charge my batteries must be willing to work for eliquid wages.

Offline hachieroger

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2011, 01:31:31 AM »
Got mine today and really liking it so far...didn't think I'd leave the house with it but here it is at work with me  ;)

Offline TZC

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2011, 05:48:40 AM »
for those of you worried about looking like a flute, let me say this.  It is awesome.  Don't take it out of the house.  I use mine only at home. Or if you are on a plane, you can pretend that you are playing a flute but you are actually vaping!  8) 

Yes,  as i went to buy one the black was sold out so I bought a silver mega battery and mega atomiser to match it. At 7" long with no taper and 2 'buttons', the first impression on assembling was  :-[ 'I haven't got the nerve to carry this around, have I?'  it'd come in handy if you had any kubotan skills  lol

The device works fantastic with the mega atty though. I've found that even on half power it seems to just burn on the 2 normal size atties I tried and they're not brand new but  not old either really. I was under the impression I wouldn't get more performance from the mega tank just fewer fill-ups but perhaps it's able to draw more liquid faster even if they don't vape the juice faster.

The problems with the regular tank atties may only be mine here. The device is great - I leave it set to just over half power and I get production equivalent or more to the longest hardest drag I could muster without it in less than half the drag  ;)

I've found I'm actually using the tank less- since I can get a few nice big drags quickly and put it down again.  I'd personally recommend them for whatever that's worth, even though it is a little pricey at the moment.

Offline maria d

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2011, 10:57:31 AM »
i get mine today, the mailman has it on his truck, should be here by 4pm. i have a bunch of old attys that i want to see if the performance increases with the booster.

Offline nycbrown

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2011, 12:37:02 PM »
Got mine yesterday.  I was looking for an extra boost to my TT (with standard carts) in regards to both vapor and TH.  Basically, something similar to what you'd get with the LR atty but with more shelf life and without the occasional burnt taste.

Heres my impression:

I got my extra boost and them some.  At 90%, it seems much more powerful than a LR atty without the booster.  Additionally, I only have draw for about 2 seconds and I get a better vap and TH I normally get after 5 seconds or so without the booster.  And I got a head rush and slight buzz, something I experience only a few times a year with analogs.  I didn't experience a burnt taste.  Had a analog after hours of using the TT and booster, and than analog didn't even match - felt weak really.  Genuinely surprised and impressed with this device.  My only issue is that I wish the dial had little clicks or checkpoints along the way, not only so you know where you are, but also so it stays in place. it's really loose and turns very easily.

I also purchased the 1000Ma battery, which did make it very long.  I noticed that my old standard tornado battery worked much better than the mega, and it was quite noticeable.  Much less effort to draw and better vapor and TH with the standard battery.  Doesn't make sense to have poor production with the mega battery but it was a big difference for me.
Tornado Mega Dual Coils - Booster - 10mg RL State Express

Offline drahcir

• meganado passthru, clearos, tanks
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2011, 01:29:02 PM »
Got mine today after sitting in tampa for 3 days. Well It will be at my house today when I get off work according to the tracking system.

deja moo -the feeling  that you've heard someones BullSh!t before.
Life is like a roller coaster it has it's ups and downs and sometimes throws you fpr a loop than it  stops

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2011, 01:46:29 PM »
...I noticed that my old standard tornado battery worked much better than the mega, and it was quite noticeable.  Much less effort to draw and better vapor and TH with the standard battery.  Doesn't make sense to have poor production with the mega battery but it was a big difference for me.

Someone else mentioned that too.  Only thing I can figure is the standard battery has a higher discharge rate.  Don't know, just guessing.  That's a shame really since I assume these will drain a battery faster, so it would maybe be more desirable to use a larger battery on them.  I've got one waiting at home for me, so I guess I'll find out next week when I get back (I've got several standard and mega Tornado batteries I can check out with the Booster).
Nick

Offline Horsemen

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 02:09:09 PM »
Well mine must be lost in la la land or something.  Tracking information said delivery yesterday but nothing.  Came home today and still no delivery.  So I'm guessing it will be next week now.  Sure glad I was in no big hurry.

Offline maria d

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2011, 03:53:09 PM »
Well mine must be lost in la la land or something.  Tracking information said delivery yesterday but nothing.  Came home today and still no delivery.  So I'm guessing it will be next week now.  Sure glad I was in no big hurry.
you get mail on Sat. so maybe then. mine also is a day late, but they updated the tracking info and it will be here in about 1 hour.
hope you get yours soon.

Offline Horsemen

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2011, 04:18:54 PM »
Well even though the tracking information said delivery was suppose to be yesterday it still shows it is in Florida....go figure

Offline drahcir

• meganado passthru, clearos, tanks
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 07:13:16 PM »
Funny thing when I got home I saw the mail man doing his rounds. I was standing outside waiting in the rain for him. When he was finished with the one section and started driving off to the next. He than stopped out front of my house with the package in hand and said this better be an important package for you to be standing out in the rain to wait for me. I said yes I very important one indeed. I got the package and he went back to his regular starting point for my area. I love that service. He didn't have to make a special stop to give it to me but he did. That makes up for having to wait 3 extra days that shouldn't have been. Good customer service there. Oh I forgot the booster works great and I love it.

deja moo -the feeling  that you've heard someones BullSh!t before.
Life is like a roller coaster it has it's ups and downs and sometimes throws you fpr a loop than it  stops

Offline Chris 81

« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2011, 06:09:30 PM »
After watching the reveiw on this product, it left me wondering what the standard voltage level for the standard tornado battery and standard tank atomizer is?

Darth Vaper

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2011, 06:16:04 PM »
Hey Chris welcome to the forum.

The standard voltage for the Tornado is 3.7v

Offline prof beard

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 03:20:20 AM »

Darth - I think you will find that for Tornado/eGo devices it is 3.3v regulated
I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels, but I would slave to learn the way to sink your ship of fools

Offline Timuk

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2011, 05:46:42 PM »
Having read all the above it does seem that the VV is the way to go...

Really not sure if to buy one or not...... On one hand it seems like a must have ... but on the other I am really happy with my tanks at the moment....both megga and standard....

What concerns me..... why buy one when I could use the money on some other shiney stuff for the same cost... ie attys,batteries.....and does it spoil you to the degree that Vaping without one looses something...

I think what I mean is that would any of you be able to be as content with your Vaping if your VV's were taken away...

Really don't know....... mind you it's special offer Friday again tomorrow..... and who knows.... Maybe VVs will be amongst them  :-\

Less £930 spent on Vaping so far....

Offline JohnEAngel

• final incarnate of 3D Earth
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 06:08:45 PM »

Darth - I think you will find that for Tornado/eGo devices it is 3.3v regulated

Can you please explain the difference between what TW calls their 3.7 v Tornados and then the 3.3v unregulated?    ;D
Help wanted.  Need assistant to refill my cartos and charge my batteries must be willing to work for eliquid wages.

Offline StevieD

• Totally Wicked Review Panelist
  • Elite Hero Member
  • My friends call me Modo
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 07:27:28 PM »
The battery itself is a standard '3.7V' ie actually runs from about 4.2v down to about 3.2V when recharge is needed, but the circuitry regulates the output to give a constant 3.3V across almost the entire charge life.

Darth Vaper

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2011, 08:44:52 PM »
PWM once it is under load will still deliver at 3.3v ..... a fresh 4.2v battery(mod) or other will be at the same voltage of 3.3v under load.

Under load meaning atomiser connected and what you see in performance.

Stating the Tornado as a 3.3v device is a bit deceiving...... performance wise it stacks up just as well to any standard voltage 3.7v device.

The thing is a 3.7v non PWM device will drop in performance after a short while once it loses its peak 4.2v off the charger. You lose some of the effective range of the battery when it drops significantly.... While the Tornado is a steady performer from first vape ..... to very last.

Well almost ..... the last three hits can get a little weak before the battery flash.