Author Topic: Tanky atty's losing strength fast, and curious about boosters  (Read 3556 times)

Offline Vortexted

Tanky atty's losing strength fast, and curious about boosters
« on: January 02, 2012, 05:33:26 PM »
Hello,
I'm curious about these boosters. I've been using the tank atomizers since they first came out a year or so ago and they never last me more then a week before they become weak and unfulfilling. I always just buy new ones but of course that adds up $$. I literally have a sandwich bag full of slightly used tank atomizers.
If I buy one of these boosters will I be able to crank up the voltage to get these slightly used tank attys to vape like they were when they were new?

I bought 2 new Mega tank attys also, one vaped beautifully for 5 days then fizzled out of strength, the other lasted 2 days.  Really disappointing and expensive, but still better then analogs.

I'm going to try the new ego-c's when TW releases them, but still I hate to have a small fortune in atty's sitting here
I've tried the blowing them out to clean them thing but that never seems to do much.  Even tried cleaning them with water and alcohol.
Any suggestions to get more life out all these atty's? 

The economy of the world is buying and selling. The economy of God's kingdom is giving and receiving.

Offline Timuk

Re: Tanky atty's losing strength fast, and curious about boosters
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 07:09:05 PM »
Have you tried cleaning them or the maintenance that is suggested on another thread.....

I am a heavy vaper, around 5ml a day...and my attys last anything from 3 to 6 weeks..

I found that a typical tank atty vaped ok for a couple weeks and then needed to be taken apart and given a "full" service..

ie...wash out with boiling water, take the spike plate off and burn any gunk off the wick...then dry burn to clean the coil.....

One tank atty I have has been through this process 3 times and is still working like new at the moment....

There is the basic cleaning, blow through the atty with a paper towel over the tank end to clear it out....then push the paper inside to wipe out any juice left......I do this every day and it seems to help to keep the atty going very well.....

All the above is explained more clearly somewhere else on the forum.....

Not sure about the VV as dont own one.....but most who do say you can get more life out of an atty....now that I have my C I really can't see the need for me to have one...Am very happy with the way it is on its own.

Hope this helps

Tim
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 07:20:08 PM by Timuk »

Less £930 spent on Vaping so far....

Offline Timuk

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 07:18:32 PM »
Just found the link....

http://forum.totallywicked-eliquid.com/tips-tricks/re-wicking-a-tank-atomiser/

Don't panic as the thread starts off with how to re-wick an atty....I have never done this...but read through and you will see info on the cleaning method ......

Something new I have tried recently was another suggestion....using a steam cleaner to blast through the atty without having to take it apart......I found that this works very well....but make sure you prime the atty after cleaning....

Hope this helps

Tim
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 07:20:30 PM by Timuk »

Less £930 spent on Vaping so far....

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 12:07:55 AM »
Hi Vortexted. :)  A lot of peeps seem to get good results with various cleaning methods.  I've never bothered.  I'm a chain vapor and I've never done more than blow out a flooded atty, or one that's giving me bad backwash.  I use several VV mods, one of which is a Booster.  Will it extend the usable life you your atty?  Well, maybe.  For me, the answer is (usually) yes.  Ease the voltage up and you get a stronger hit.  Ease it up a bit more and you're likely to get that 'burnt atty' taste we all know and love.  And if you've ever gotten it, you know how hard it is to get rid of.  My guess is you'll squeeze some more life out of most (if not all) of those used Tank attys you've got laying around, but of course there's a limit to everything.  Sooner or later it will be just so clogged, or the flavor will get so bad, that even at higher voltages you won't be able to get a satisfying vape.   Actually, getting more life out of old tired attys is what first motivated me to get into VV vaping, and it's good for that.  But the sheer joy of VV vaping really, is having the ability to dial in the exact voltage that will give you the best hit and flavor out of the atty/juice combination you're using at the time.  With some (but certainly not all) flavors 1 or 2 tenths of a volt can make a big difference in the flavor of your vape.

Oh, and here's another incentive (if you need one).  The "C" and the Booster are a match made in heaven.  When I was first testing the "C" on the Booster I had it cranked all the way up before I got a hint of that burnt atty taste.  I did find with the "C" that a small voltage adjustment didn't make as big a difference in flavor, but you can really throw the volts to the "C" atty and get a tremendous hit out of it.  And it already has the best flavor of any atty I've ever vaped.  I highly recommend the "C", and the Booster's just icing on the cake.  One word of caution though.  Once you get a taste of VV vaping, it's hard to go back to vaping at standard voltages.  Of course (and this applies to everything I've said here) YMMV. ;D
Nick

Offline Knoton

• DV Absinthe is the ultimate vape flavour :-)
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 12:58:00 AM »
I find it strange you only get a week worth of your atties.
For me they last many weeks and I think most atties need close to a week to be broken in and perform on the top.
What kind of juice do you use in them? How much juice do you go through a day in one atty?
Are you doing the basic cleaning like blowing it from the battery end into a tissue or soft paper?

I have the booster but dont use it much, with my favourite juice, Absinthe, it makes no significant difference to me.
A lot of people love it though.

Since I got my first C-Atty I have never looked at anything else. For me they work perfect.
Great vapour and flavour from the first puff on it. They also seem to last for several weeks.
So they will be much cheaper in the long run.

Spent £1323.89
 Vaping make people friendly and tolerant, let´s spread the word to gain world peace :D

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 01:03:38 AM »
Great post Knoton.  I kind of wandered about that "only lasting a week' thing myself.  Just to add, I'm still on my first "C" atty, and it's still vaping like a champ.  And I've been using this one since the end of November. :)  But I was trying to address the OPs question about getting more mileage from old attys with a Booster, and for me that's affirmative. ;)
Nick

Offline Swi1ch

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 01:02:11 AM »
Have you tried cleaning them or the maintenance that is suggested on another thread.....

I am a heavy vaper, around 5ml a day...and my attys last anything from 3 to 6 weeks..

I found that a typical tank atty vaped ok for a couple weeks and then needed to be taken apart and given a "full" service..

Are you serious? I vape maybe 5ml a day too, and i've gotten through 7 atomisers in the past month :( Go through a full clean and everything.

Offline Lettie22

• Paulette
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 07:18:22 AM »
I am a Newbie, and you'll probably laugh at me for even mentioning this because you guys (Swi1ch and Vortexted) are seasoned vapers and I've only been vaping for about 3 months.    I was having terrible problems with my attys for my Tornado.   Had purchased a second Tornado and 4 new attys during the November yo-yo sale.   Within 6 weeks, all 6 of those attys were not performing (got about 5 or 6 days out of vaping about 2ml a day).

I was at the Vapors Lounge in Sarasota a cople weeks ago and addressed this problem with them and they were giving me all this information about maintenance, etc.   When the clerk saw me vape on my cig, he said:   "I see a problem right now!"   He reminded me that when drawing on my e-cig it should be more in a vertical position than a horizontal position (like when I used to smoke analogs).   Went home and pulled out all of those "bad" attys and tried them again with my e-cig being tilted down instead of straight out from my mouth.   I've been vaping on the same "bad" atty since December 29th!

Love the forum because I get good tips.  Y guys are great and don't critize us Newbies!

Offline pufferfish

• puffball
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 07:57:44 AM »
Lettie, thank you for a really, really helpful post there...
After a while, us "seasoned vapers" get so caught up in the myriad problems that the newbie learning curve entails...and we were ALL there once.... and as the available kit extends, we try it all and find all the possible problems over time, sharing our experiences and tips and tricks.....
then someone comes along with a problem like this from vortexted (thank you, we love helping to solve problems)
and we're baffled....until along you come, shy newbie and thinking we'll laugh at you, and put us all to shame...
because you hit the nail right on the head  8)
You little beauty!
We all forgot to go back to basics  ::)
PMSLMAO
I just love our Wicked vaping family  :)
Lettie, you rock  :-*

Offline Lettie22

• Paulette
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 08:06:47 AM »
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Putterfish -- thank you for your comments!   I have to admit I was very embarrassed upon learning it was my improper vaping technique and not the equipment!   I was at my wits end trying to figure it out and had talked to TW many times to try to solve it!

BTW, I would never classify me as "shy," but have to admit I deliberated quite a bit before posting my experience!

I too am loving the forum family!

Offline cyborg

• Elite Member
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 08:31:15 AM »
I also had the problem of Tank attys lasting no time at all, first ones brilliant but then they hit a death slide with me.
Testing out the new C attys & Tanks, so far not a bad word to say but only had them for two days so I will wait and see.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED Smiley" border="0

Offline glinja

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 11:39:12 AM »
Hi
I was in the same boat with the attys, sometimes mine would last a day or two, then be really weak.
I usually blow them through with an airline at work, which does a fine job, but I have a booster as well and
they definatly reduce the lifespan of an atty!!
I have (3days ago), got a ego-c atty and the 5 'filters' for my tornado,
(not from TW as they don't stick them as seperate units), and I have to say, WOW!!
Ego-c and a booster is immense, my booster is turned right down, and the hit is awesome!
Also I don't know why, but the draw seems smoother and the flavour is much much much improved!!!!
I use green cow as my daily vape and it's taken the flavour to another level, I also use
absinthe as well, and it's also dramatically improved!!
Hopefully I've helped :)))

Unable to load the 'forum.totallywicked-eliquid.com_below' template.