Author Topic: Slight problem with the tornado booster.  (Read 2366 times)

Offline Paige

Slight problem with the tornado booster.
« on: November 03, 2011, 12:39:01 AM »
Slight problem with the tornado booster.

I just got my tornado booster and I noticed that the threading is crooked.. when I screw in on my battery it leans to one side making my setup look like the leaning tower of pisa...

Also, I do notice a difference when I turn the voltage down but no real difference when I turn it to the max.. I am kinda disappointed.

My question:

Is it possible to return a booster for the battery end threading being crooked?

and do you think my booster is defective because I don't notice a difference at max levels or was it intended to be such a slight thing in the first place??

If this is normal I would be very sad.. I am thinking I should have just spent that money on fluid instead =(

Offline Knoton

• DV Absinthe is the ultimate vape flavour :-)
Re: Slight problem with the tornado booster.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 02:43:09 AM »
That booster gotta be defective.
There should be a significant difference between low an max voltage.
At top high everything I have tried taste really burnt and makes me cough my lungs out of the body.
Anyway it should not be crooked.

Spent £1323.89
 Vaping make people friendly and tolerant, let´s spread the word to gain world peace :D

Offline Paige

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 03:42:09 AM »
That booster gotta be defective.
There should be a significant difference between low an max voltage.
At top high everything I have tried taste really burnt and makes me cough my lungs out of the body.
Anyway it should not be crooked.

The fact that it is crooked really bugs the crap out of me because I have OCD when it comes to perfection.. but I could learn to live with it if the booster actually boosted anything..

I notice an extreme reduction in vapor when I turn the knob to counterclockwise to 3.3 volts but when I turn it all the way clockwise I see no difference at all. I have taken off the booster and put it back on a number of times and it is the same as having no booster attached.

I have tried different batteries to try and correct both problems and they both persist...

When I opened the mailbox I was really happy but now I am really sad and frustrated.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 03:43:40 AM by Bastila »

Offline Kane2283

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 03:57:31 AM »
Ya, sounds defective. There under warranty for along time so all will get fixed i'm sure.
GL + Happy Vaping

Offline Paige

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 05:27:17 AM »
Ya, sounds defective. There under warranty for along time so all will get fixed i'm sure.

I hope so. After hearing everyone rave on and on about these things I was really looking forward to joining the ranks of the coveted "booster class" vapors club.. but now I am really worried that I spent a quarter of my paycheck on something I am not even sure qualifies for a exchange or not. I am just glued to this thread until one of the staff members gets on to clam my fears...

If they are not willing to replace the booster I am open to store credit.

Offline Pavster

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 05:35:13 AM »
What attys are you using OP?

Offline Paige

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 05:38:42 AM »

I am using the tornado mega dual coil cartomizers.. do you think they may be affecting the performance of the booster?

Offline hachieroger

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 06:06:52 AM »

I am using the tornado mega dual coil cartomizers.. do you think they may be affecting the performance of the booster?

I imagine you tried different atomizers with it already...I have one or two atomizers that don't work with my booster very well (at all really) but they work fine with batteries.  I don't think my problem atomizers are making contact with the booster.  Maybe your booster is not making contact on the battery end due to the crookedness (not sure if that's a word or not lol).  They are expensive so they shouldn't need any tweaking.  Good luck with it.

Online Customer Service Rep (UK)

• Global Moderator
    • Totally Wicked UK
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 06:10:06 AM »
Hi Bastila

Thanks for the post. The thread should not be crooked as this will affect the connection.
Please contact the US team as soon as possible and they will sort this out for you.

Thanks
Louise

Offline Paige

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 06:42:47 AM »
Hi Bastila

Thanks for the post. The thread should not be crooked as this will affect the connection.
Please contact the US team as soon as possible and they will sort this out for you.

Thanks
Louise

Thank you so much!!

I will call them when they open.  :)

Offline Paige

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 06:48:26 AM »

I imagine you tried different atomizers with it already...I have one or two atomizers that don't work with my booster very well (at all really) but they work fine with batteries.  I don't think my problem atomizers are making contact with the booster.  Maybe your booster is not making contact on the battery end due to the crookedness (not sure if that's a word or not lol).  They are expensive so they shouldn't need any tweaking.  Good luck with it.

Yea, I thought at first that the crookedness was just something I would have to get used to but now that I put 2 and 2 together.. I believe that the battery end is not making a connection because I tried it a lot of different ways and nothing got better.