Author Topic: Booster price.  (Read 6376 times)

Offline ScottyOhio

Booster price.
« on: September 09, 2011, 07:26:44 PM »
 Wow this thing is way too expensive. 70 bucks no way! 40 bucks probably.
I luv vaping everywhere

Offline Pit Vaper

• U.S. Navy 1980-84 CVN-69 "IKE"
Re: Booster price.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 07:37:40 PM »
When it was first announced in a thread discussion by Mr. Wicked it was $65  but when it was published on the store it was $70 so I don't know for sure.
Keith

I love the smell of Vapor in the morning.  

Online JohnEAngel

• final incarnate of 3D Earth
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 08:22:31 PM »
The Booster is not mass-produced.  It is one of it's kind. They are made by hand and therefore the cost IMO, is pretty decent. 
Help wanted.  Need assistant to refill my cartos and charge my batteries must be willing to work for eliquid wages.

Offline drahcir

• meganado passthru, clearos, tanks
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 08:42:26 PM »
I want to buy it from TW because I love this place but its 59.99 CAD from the other place that sells it and in USD right now its 60.19 plus shipping so its not that much of a price difference and TW has the twitter codes going on and they are always having sales. It is still alot cheaper than any other VV mods on the market. and its compact and a VV mod that is as compact as a nado is just not out there. So it is worth the money. I paid 150+ for the VV mod I have. I love it but I don't like travailing with it cause its just to big.

deja moo -the feeling  that you've heard someones BullSh!t before.
Life is like a roller coaster it has it's ups and downs and sometimes throws you fpr a loop than it  stops

Offline cyborg

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 10:52:30 PM »
Am I in the minority as I dont really feel the need for one, but if I did Id buy one now.
After saying that I will probably end up with one. 
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED Smiley" border="0

Online JohnEAngel

• final incarnate of 3D Earth
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 11:02:50 PM »
I want to buy it from TW because I love this place but its 59.99 CAD from the other place that sells it and in USD right now its 60.19 plus shipping so its not that much of a price difference and TW has the twitter codes going on and they are always having sales. It is still alot cheaper than any other VV mods on the market. and its compact and a VV mod that is as compact as a nado is just not out there. So it is worth the money. I paid 150+ for the VV mod I have. I love it but I don't like travailing with it cause its just to big.

The shipping from Canada was about 13 bucks for UPS.  I think they are having or were having a postal strike.  so that came out to 70 some dollars.
Help wanted.  Need assistant to refill my cartos and charge my batteries must be willing to work for eliquid wages.

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 11:25:56 PM »
Am I in the minority as I dont really feel the need for one, but if I did Id buy one now.
After saying that I will probably end up with one. 

Well, not sure I call it a need.  But now that I've tried VV vaping, I would never want to be without a VV device.  And as others have so accurately pointed out already, the price is good for what you're getting (hand made and all that), there is no other VV device on the market that's this small, and it's half the price of the VV mod I own now (and most any other VV mod on the market), so.....

Come on cy, just do it. ;D  You know you want to. ;D  I will warn you though, once you've tried it you'll be hooked.

PSA (Public Service Announcement):  In a study with a monkey (me) VV vaping was found to be addictive in the extreme.  Any necessary intervention or rehab costs will not be covered by your PV provider (and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for it!).  VV Vape at your own risk.  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Nick

Offline cyborg

• Elite Member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 11:38:27 PM »
The shiny thing syndrome hits again
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED Smiley" border="0

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 11:45:25 PM »
Ah yes, few of us are immune (I know I'm not. In fact, I may be a carrier! ;)). ;D
Nick

Offline Kane2283

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 11:52:22 PM »
Like John said after shipping mine was over $70 so the price is about right I would think. After they can mass manufacture them the price should go down, but atm there individually made. Also compared to other VV's it isn't that bad. Anyway I love mine.
GL + Happy Vaping

Offline Horsemen

• U.S. Army Medic 1968-1971- May We Never Forget!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 03:56:47 AM »
But now that I've tried VV vaping, I would never want to be without a VV device
Well it kills me to have to do this but I agree with 8Ball on this statement :P :P :P

After using a VV device for several months now I feel the same way.  As to weather I would purchase one of these.  Yes I would.  Will make a good standby.  Would I purchase it now.  Sure.  But I doubt I will be able to since there are only going to be 100 of these allocated to the U.S. and U.K. sites at this time.  I'm pretty sure these things will be gone within 5 minutes of them being posted.

The one downside I can see with the device is the inability to ACCURATELY dial in the desired voltage.  It has been my experience that as little as 1/10 of a volt can make the difference in the perfect vape and a burnt vape.

The other downside I see is that they are suppose to only work with a certain type of battery.  So the device will not be available to the masses without having to purchase a different kit.

So for these two reasons, IMHO, I think the $70 price tag is a little on the high side. 

Even A Broken Clock Works Twice A Day!!!!

Offline Lash151

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 07:06:32 AM »
The problem here is you can buy a complete 5v mod off the web for less than the price of the booster and I think 5v is fine.... I don't know if I want to be constantly wondering if the voltage is just right or it needs a slight tweek... I do understand why it costs this much, it obviously wont be mass produced in China just yet...

Lee
Three Apples changed the world. The first one tempted Eve, the second inspired Newton and the third was offered to the world by Steve Jobs.

Offline Astrecks

• Administrator
  • Elite Hero Member
    • Forum Guidelines
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 07:28:32 AM »
The problem here is you can buy a complete 5v mod off the web for less than the price of the booster and I think 5v is fine.... I don't know if I want to be constantly wondering if the voltage is just right or it needs a slight tweek... I do understand why it costs this much, it obviously wont be mass produced in China just yet...

Lee

5v may be fine for you, but for me it's a killer of everything, flavour and atomisers.
Happy Vaping!!!  Jeff

Offline Killjoy

• Friends don't let friends drip and drive
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2011, 02:46:13 PM »
For what it is, I think it's a very fair price. 

But now that I've tried VV vaping, I would never want to be without a VV device
Well it kills me to have to do this but I agree with 8Ball on this statement :P :P :P
I totally agree with this statement  8)

The other downside I see is that they are suppose to only work with a certain type of battery.  So the device will not be available to the masses without having to purchase a different kit.
It was designed as a cheap way for people who already have eGo-style gear to get a VV experience, so it's geared for people that already have compatible batteries, though it does work on some other battery types, as well. 
If you were to buy two Tornado batts and a booster, you'd spend about as much as you would on one of the cheaper VV devices available (which have only slightly more functionality), so IMHO I think the price is quite acceptable

Offline prof beard

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 03:11:47 PM »
I already have one (bought from Canada before TW made the deal).  I use it with TorneGos and my Screwdrivers and other "big battery mods".  It works as advertised - from 3.3 to 4.7 volts
I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels, but I would slave to learn the way to sink your ship of fools

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 03:36:19 PM »

Lee

5v may be fine for you, but for me it's a killer of everything, flavour and atomisers.

I agree.  And for me, a 5v fixed voltage device is no better ( :-\ actually worse) than any other, lower voltage, fixed voltage device.  The point with VV vaping is not higher voltage per se, but the ability to "dial in" the voltage that brings out the best flavor, vapor, and hit for the device/juice combo you're using at any given time.

Lee

Actually, the exact voltage that your device is delivering is immaterial (to me anyway).  The point isn't some number on a multi-segment display or reading on a multi-meter.  It's the quality of the vaping experience (and to me, that means flavor, vapor, and hit).  You tweak it until the balance between all three is optimal (to you), then leave it alone (stop playing around with that and get on with vaping! >:( ;)).  I don't need to know the exact voltage number to extract the best flavor from my juice. :)
Nick

Offline jasandelands

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 05:18:15 PM »
Whats wrong with standard tornado attys and LR attys they work for me,just something else new and shiny  to spend our money on,I won't be getting one as vaping is about saving money for me aswell as other reasons.

Offline RichJr

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Hero Member
  • 😇
    • TW Forum Rules
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 05:46:04 PM »
Whats wrong with standard tornado attys and LR attys they work for me,just something else new and shiny  to spend our money on,I won't be getting one as vaping is about saving money for me aswell as other reasons.
I feel the exact same way but watch me cave and get one anyway. I have a hard time saying no to a shiney new toy!

I do everything with my iPhone. Totally Wicked way of life.

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 05:54:16 PM »

Hi jasandelands.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with what your using if you're happy with it. :)  It's not about right and wrong.  We're all just sharing our experiences and opinions here (and you know what they say about opinions! ;))  Some of us are still in the pursuit of our "ultimate vape" though (and some of us just can't resist the latest shiny thing :P).  Whatever floats you boat. :)  Feel free to ignore anything I may have to say...... :-\ I usually do. ;)
Nick

Offline maria d

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 06:48:46 PM »
Shiny thing.....i want one,i have no idea why i need one, but i want one. please dont tell me in  scientific lingo why i need one, just say its new, cool and makes a great vape.

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 07:42:30 PM »
Shiny thing.....i want one,i have no idea why i need one, but i want one. please dont tell me in  scientific lingo why i need one, just say its new, cool and makes a great vape.

;) Yup, there ya go. ;D
Nick

Offline Lash151

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2011, 03:35:49 AM »
Inspite of everything I said.... I want one too :D
Three Apples changed the world. The first one tempted Eve, the second inspired Newton and the third was offered to the world by Steve Jobs.

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2011, 04:23:18 AM »
Inspite of everything I said.... I want one too :D

;D  Welcome to the "ohhh shiny.... must have" club. ;)
Nick

Offline prof beard

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2011, 06:48:58 AM »
Do remember that they will make your e-cig longer by a fair bit - with a big100mah or more TorneGo battery you end up with something pretty damn long...  Work well though - I have a hige collection of unused standard resistance atties - the booster means I'm now using them up...
I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels, but I would slave to learn the way to sink your ship of fools

Offline Pit Vaper

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2011, 02:13:14 PM »
8balls PSA's crack me up...keep'em coming...LOL  :D
Keith

Offline Knoton

• DV Absinthe is the ultimate vape flavour :-)
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2011, 02:29:13 PM »
I am a big sucker for shiny toys.
And I will pay about anything (as long as my wife doesnt find out about it) in the pursuit for the ultimate vape!  :D
My biggest problem right now is that they are SOLD OUT  :o
That is not nice  :(

Spent 1323.89
 Vaping make people friendly and tolerant, lets spread the word to gain world peace :D

Offline Pit Vaper

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2011, 02:37:18 PM »
I am a big sucker for shiny toys.
And I will pay about anything (as long as my wife doesnt find out about it) in the pursuit for the ultimate vape!  :D
My biggest problem right now is that they are SOLD OUT  :o
That is not nice  :(

Not sold out knoton, they aren't in the store yet, because they haven't come in from the manufacturer, maybe in a couple of weeks  ;)
Keith

Offline Jon Frosty

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2011, 02:59:13 PM »
if you look at the Canadian website that makes the booster you will see TW is offering it at the same price!
which is cool they are being fair with a wonderful price...It is wonderful they are able to offer and I thank Pillbox 38 for looking out for us and in finding something new for us to tinker with.
Now i have been trying to get one since they came out.......There I hope jason and mr wicked can work some Magic so I can finally own one!!!
Cheers ya'all and as always Lets Keep On Vaping

Jon

Offline Jon Frosty

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2011, 03:07:41 PM »

Lee

Ditto Jeff
and believe me at 5V you will SWIM alot---you will swim thru atomizers and juice!
trust me.....and at 5v you really are only good for a couple of hits and you have to let it cool down for a minute and hit it again
Plus the other thing they dont tell you about V V vaping or high voltage vaping, is that you cant do it all the time all day long!
it wears you and everything else out.
Find your sweet spot and enjoy it...
cheers

Offline maria d

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2011, 05:43:46 PM »
If i remember ,Mr Wicked said they will be up for sale around sept 20th. they will not have many at a time since they are hand made.