Author Topic: Booster not working on standard Tornado battery  (Read 2228 times)

Offline bemused11

Booster not working on standard Tornado battery
« on: October 04, 2011, 06:16:20 PM »
I received my booster today and I have been happily vaping all day on my new booster using a mega battery.  When the battery expired this evening I switched to a Tornado standard  battery as the majority of my batteries are standard (in fact I have 4 unused from a multi pack of five).  I got no vapor whatsoever and thought the booster was broken.  I tried 2 more fully charged standard batteries still nothing.  In desperation I tried one of the 2 mega batteries I purchased with the booster, lo and behold it worked.  I checked the write up for the booster on the TW UK site and it clearly states that the booster works on mega and standard Tornado batteries, clearly mine does not.  Is my booster faulty? if not I feel unhappy as I will not be able to use the booster on standard batteries cutting my enjoyment of improved vaping down until my standard batteries have expired, this will take months.  I am looking for an amicable solution to this problem and will send a copy of this post to your office.

Offline Kane2283

Re: Booster not working on standard Tornado battery
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 06:33:03 PM »
Should work on reg/standard batt's as mine does. Only thing I can think of is they might not have the PDM in them so they won't work w/the booster? How old are these batteries + are they from TW? Because iv'e read that the booster will not work on non joye-tech eGo's/tornado's. Hope it get's fixed for you.
GL + Happy Vaping

Offline cath77

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 06:40:36 PM »
Also i read somewhere that they won't work on batteries made before july 2010.

Offline Astrecks

• Administrator
  • Elite Hero Member
    • Forum Guidelines
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 06:41:32 PM »
Hi Bemused

I'm not answering for the team here but it is possible the centre posts on two of your batteries have been pushed down  little further than normal, and they can be raised carefully by prising them up a little using a blade, you have to make sure you don't accidently press the power button though as you could end shorting out the battery.
Happy Vaping!!!  Jeff

Offline Killjoy

• Friends don't let friends drip and drive
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 07:03:38 PM »
Also i read somewhere that they won't work on batteries made before july 2010.

Since it's multiple batteries from that pack that don't work, I suspect this is your issue.  Apparently there was a change to the design of the circuitry in the batteries around that time and the Booster was designed around the newer version

Offline bemused11

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 04:54:19 AM »
Thanks for the replies but unfortunately you are all wrong.  I brought this multi pack in December 2010 as part of the xmas yo yo, secondly I tried a new experiment I used a regular atomiser on a regular battery with the booster attatched and guess what it works.  Now my problem is the boosters either not been checked on all combinations, in which case this is poor product testing, secondly here is the quote from the booster advertising on UK TW SITE "Totally Wicked only recommends using this device with Tornado/Tank regular or mega batteries"  My batteries are genuine TW batteries, I wouldn't know where to get them from anywhere else.

All I am saying here is that if the booster only works with certain combinations, a little note on the advertising would help allowing the customer to decide wether to purchase or not on that basis.  Initially as I said I thought the booster had broken and only by trying different combos did I get it to work, luckily I have so many different pieces of equipment.

Offline Customer Service Rep (UK)

• Global Moderator
    • Totally Wicked UK
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 06:36:47 AM »
Hi there bemused11,

If you could please call us on 0845 602 9661 we'd like to discuss this and help you further. Let us know how you get on!

Offline bemused11

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 12:28:58 PM »
Thanks for your response TW will ring Thursday Morning as didn't get your message until Weds evening

Offline Killjoy

• Friends don't let friends drip and drive
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 09:21:48 PM »
My batteries are genuine TW batteries, I wouldn't know where to get them from anywhere else.

I don't doubt where you got them or if they're genuine, I think you misunderstood the point I was trying to make  :)  That bit of information about battery manufacture date originally came from the manufacturer of the Booster.  If you bought those batts in December, it's still possible they were manufactured prior to July of that year.  I'm sure the TW team will get you sorted out satisfactorily, regardless  :)

Offline blindsoup

• SR Atty -Tornado Booster mixed with PR American Red Tobacco = :)
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 02:32:23 PM »
Thanks for the replies but unfortunately you are all wrong.  I brought this multi pack in December 2010 as part of the xmas yo yo, secondly I tried a new experiment I used a regular atomiser on a regular battery with the booster attatched and guess what it works. 

Does this mean you were using LR Attys?
"I love this COMMUNITY!"