Author Topic: Screwdriver Users (past and present) -- Is it as Great as they Say?  (Read 2799 times)

Offline BlackJar72

I've been tempted to invest in a screwdriver for quite a while, but so far I've stuck with my Mini and just used really strong fluid, at least 50% PI.  Is the screw driver really the Ferrari of vaping?  Is it reliable?  Does it have any serious issue to watch out for or easily broken or anything?  I keep being tempted, but something keeps holding me back.  Just what is the best e-Nic?  Most reliable, most durable?  I guess this seems like a lot of questions, but I don't have a lot of money, and want to be sure before I go all out for the top of the line.

Offline tiddler

• University of life, studying Cool ;-)
Re: Screwdriver Users (past and present) -- Is it as Great as they Say?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 11:50:47 AM »
If I was in your shoes I'd be looking at the new eGo/Tornado C, rather than an SD.... But that's just me  ::)

Some love the SD. But to me its just a slightly bigger battery that can take (with the aid of adaptors) various atties.

But the new C, is a totally new concept ;)
Graham....Or just call me tids 

Offline cyborg

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 12:42:37 PM »
Lets put it this way I am using the new C atty on my SD, suppose I should try the C batteries at some point but for now it’s the trusty SD  ;)
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED Smiley" border="0

Offline ean33

• http://www.thevapersden.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 04:34:45 PM »
Lets put it this way I am using the new C atty on my SD, suppose I should try the C batteries at some point but for now it’s the trusty SD  ;)

same as me
but its a battery with a button on it at the end of the day like all e cigs
but thats like saying a a rolls royce is just a car
the screw driver is the crème de la crème of the battery holding button pushing range, well made heavy and looks great, my personal advice is yes get one if you are not into variable voltage vaping, if you are as i am wait for the t.w vv mod that has just been announced, its a great bit of kit that has already got great reviews in its other carnation
but the feel of the screw driver is really a great bit of kit 

Offline Hiigy

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 06:47:51 AM »
From an ex sd user it's a nice enough bit of kit my only real fault with it was I got fed up of the carts no matter what I did I found over time the wadding would end up on the atomiser head which leads to less vapour and a burnt taste ( atleast it did for me but taste and everything else with e-cigs is very subjective) if u are going to get a sd I would suggest you get one with a tank conversion kit that way if u have issues with it like I did u always have an alternative means of getting ur vape on :).

Myself I swapped to the ego c A little while ago and am loving it over the sd.  A sd with conversion kit or an ego c will set u back the same £69.99. Parts wise for the ego-c batterys are £16.99 each and a pack of 5 attys £19.99. On the otherhand 5 standard 901 attys ( the atomiser screw fitting as standard on the sd ) and 3 battery's can be bought for £29.99. Hope that helps in making your decision.

Anyway the sd is a lovely bit of kit I wish I'd just done a littl more research before jumping in and buying straight off.
If the above post looks a little on the bad side please forgive me heh.  My iPhone is not the best device for posting ;)

Offline BlackJar72

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 01:48:14 PM »
Well, I should with my mkII in a couple days  :D  -- got lots of attys (for some reason, they seem to last longer than the batteries for me).  Anyway, one thing I can say about it before it I get it, its is the coolest looking I've seen.  Maybe I'll try the eGo/Tornado later, though I've heard it doesn't work well with vg/ag, and I use almost nothing but ag (not sure if more water would help).  Anyway, thanks everyone. 8)

Offline K8

• Heaven is a TankDriver!
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 02:35:37 PM »
I love my SD and I think it will always be my main vape.  Because you can take it apart and purchase individual components like the switch for example.  The batteries are also relatively cheap.  Because of this in the long run SDs work out cheaper to run.  Plus the batteries run forever, I still have some from when I started with the SD and they still recharge great.  I do use the tornado tank atty though (with the adapter) and will be going over to the  eGo atty when I can afford it and using on the SD with the adapter.  For me it's the long use of the batteries that win every time although I do have a Tornado, I hardly ever use it.  The SD looks smart and has some weight behind it - it really is the Rolls Royce of e-cigs.

Kate

Look at the days - this is a true measure of our alternative (and better) lifestyle.

Offline Kenneth131

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 02:34:06 PM »
The SD is great as there is not a great lot that wont or cant be made to work on the SD with the array of adapters that are available. The batteries always seem to last all day as well which is great.

For me though I prefer the USB passthrough and some mega dual cartos nice and tasty   

Offline prof beard

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 03:00:27 PM »
I have quite a collection of different e-cigs - including some very expensive US made "mods" - but the device I still use most I'd the Screwdriver I bought nearly three years ago (I have eleven different Screwdrivers of various vintages).    Why? It fits the hand better than any other device...
I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels, but I would slave to learn the way to sink your ship of fools

Offline cyborg

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2012, 03:20:09 PM »
I can remember seeing a post with pictures of your extensive SD family, any offspring since then prof ? ;).
I must agree that It fits the hand better than any other device.

Offline Kenneth131

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2012, 05:05:54 PM »
prof what SD do you prefer as i hear many people saying they proffered the MK I to the MK II

Offline cyborg

• Elite Member
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 05:34:42 PM »
Firstly I am not trying to answer for prof  ;).
The SD Mk I is basically the same as a MkII but smaller in every respect.
The wife has a MkI but for me the smaller battery doesn’t last long enough,although it is an equally nice piece of kit.   

Offline prof beard

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2012, 08:28:42 AM »
prof what SD do you prefer as i hear many people saying they proffered the MK I to the MK II

I think it would be inappropriate to discuss their relative merits on here as TW dont sell both.

For the record, here are my SDs:

I won't slave for beggar's pay, likewise gold and jewels, but I would slave to learn the way to sink your ship of fools

Offline Garza

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2012, 10:25:47 AM »
Wow lol, that's a lot of SD's!! Personally don't use mine much, prefer the 510 or others that can't be named. I think when I get to 30 posts I'll be trading it, as haven't used it at all really..

Garza

Offline Phil A.

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2012, 10:53:48 AM »
I think every vaper should have at least one SD in their collection - it's a fantastic device that is brilliant in its simplicity; reliable, well made, good looking, excellent battery life and with the various adapters available, you can fit just about any atomiser or cartomiser you want on it

Offline BlackJar72

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 12:12:59 PM »
Thanks for all the replies!  I've got mine now, and so far am very impressed.  I love the way the battery lasts all day (no more swapping out with the charger several times a day).  I also see that the button really is a well made, durable mechanical switch with a decent sized hunk of metal for its pin -- with the mini, I went through a lot of batteries, mostly because the automatic switch went out (either not coming on, or simply staying on).  I did accidently disconnect the button once, but got it back on and learn a lesson about being careful about torquing it so it screws off.

Really, it seems to me that the SD does for the battery what the eGo C now does for the atty -- allows the battery itself to be replaced, not the whole battery as with the mini or eGo.  That rocks, and if they last like some people say, great. Some of my assumptions about the number of batteries I need, based on the mini seem to be obsolete now.  (I have tons to mini attys, though, those actually do last me a while.)

I'm not sure all ever have a huge collection like some people, but maybe an extra for work or as "one for the road" some day :-/

P.S.: People who still like the term "electronic cigarette" would need a new one for the SD, since its really much closer to a high-tech pipe than a cigarette -- that how if feels to me, I think of it as my cyborg pipe  ;D

Unable to load the 'forum.totallywicked-eliquid.com_below' template.