Author Topic: Vodka  (Read 3475 times)

Offline itz Dirty

Vodka
« on: March 17, 2011, 03:53:18 PM »
Has anyone tried using flavored vodka for cutting their VG?  Does it work ok in the atty?

Offline The Vape Escape

• Tornado T, Titan, screwdriver mk2, Ego C
Re: Vodka
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 09:47:46 PM »
Lol.. praise be itz Dirty.. see this thread of mine with few takers! Hopefully you'll do better than I did!  ;D  ;)

http://forum.totallywicked-eliquid.com/flavour-discussions/flavoured-vodka/

Facebook - The single most powerful tool for population control ever created!  Only when the power of love overcomes the love of power.. will the world truly know peace.  Barri

Offline itz Dirty

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 10:13:13 PM »
Yeah no kidding....  I have 10 bottles (it was on sale and I bought it for a party I do not have a drinking problem ::)) of all different flavor vodka....  I thought I had a bunch of new things to try.  Guess not!

Offline HillBill

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2011, 10:19:12 PM »
Aw guys - don't get disheartened.  ;D

Offline xjarhead

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 11:10:17 PM »
I done some experimenting tonight with some flavored vodka. This isnt exactly what the original poster was talking about but thought I would share my discoveries anyway.  I wasnt really trying to cut my VG with the flavored vodka but use it as the actual flavoring.

My basic VG mix is 80% VG and 20% unflavored vodka.
I used Smirrnoff watermelon vodka tonight.
I used no nicotine tonight.
I used the Tornado Tank.
I used a new empty tank.
Atty is one I have been using all week.
full charged battery.

first try
80% VG 20% watermelon
Couldnt taste watermelon. Taste wasnt that good. throat hit not good. Lots of vapor though. Wife said I looked like a fog machine.

second try
70/30. 
Better taste but not really tasting vodka. still not much throat hit.  Still a lot of vapor.

third try
50/50
Decent taste.  Had a cool feeling, hard to explain. Not like menthol but still cool. There was only a slight hint of watermelon.  Not much throat hit.  Still good on vapor.

I was surprised about a few things tonight doing this.  For one it was more fun than expected. I thought that the flavor would be a little more noticeable than it was.  It didnt leak like I expected either.  I was worried it would just pour out but there were no leaks.  It did cause me to get a headache though.  I think that was because of how much I vaped in a short time period. My mouth was a little more dry than normal vaping causes.  The throat hit is what really surprised me though. I expected it to put a hurting on me but really it was less than the low nicotine tank that came with my tank kit.

Next week I will try to go even higher of a % with the flavored vodka and try some other flavors I have.  Didnt tonight because of the headache.  It was also very, how would you say, addictive maybe?  I couldnt quit vaping.  It was like a drug. Also after all the vodka vaping it cleaned out the atty.  When I put in a regular flavor it had a cleaner taste.  the vodka may have cleaned my taste bud out also though.

Offline The Vape Escape

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2011, 11:30:27 PM »
Hey  xjarhead,

That's interesting, I don't know whether you read my thread on this too but I also discovered this by mistake. I had been soaking my attys in some vodka and a Raspberry one was all I had!  ::) Still, that flavour came through really well and lingered through a couple of Tank changes. So maybe certain flavours will have some more impact? Let us know if you do anymore experiments as I'm still quite interesting in the idea of combining two different sources of flavour for Vaping!  :P Cheers..

Facebook - The single most powerful tool for population control ever created!  Only when the power of love overcomes the love of power.. will the world truly know peace.  Barri

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 11:48:27 PM »
Hi xjarhead.  Very interesting.  Thanks for sharing this with us. :)  I'm surprised you got a headache on 0 nicotine.  I don't.  I guess maybe it was the vodka.  I don't use it, I just cut my VG with distilled water.
Nick

Darth Vaper

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2011, 06:24:54 AM »
Hey all just stepping in to say please be careful messing around with alcohols in vapes.

There is a risk with it when combined with some of the plastics and fillers used in atomizers/carts/drip tips. The alcohol will break down some polymers and leach them into your vape. In one instance I had my mix literally destroy my syringes body as it reacted with the plastic in it. It put a big gapping hole in the bottom of it as it cracked apart.

I do firmly believe there is a risk for creating a toxic condition so with that said please proceed with caution and do so at your own risk.

Unless you know the exact grade of plastics in your hardware and there reactivity to solvents I would not attempt this.

Sorry for being a party pooper  :(

Offline Astrecks

• Administrator
  • Elite Hero Member
    • Forum Guidelines
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2011, 08:29:24 AM »
In a link posted by HillBill, it seems vaping vodka isn't new..  ???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/3493487.stm

I checked it wasn't 1st of April too.. lol
Happy Vaping!!!  Jeff

Offline Lau Ra

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2011, 03:16:53 PM »
That news report is actually quite scary!

(reason being, 1 the brain damage and 2 the very more drunk people, it's bad enough with just normal drunk people on a Fri/Sat night round here)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 03:19:57 PM by Lau Ra »

Offline The Vape Escape

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2011, 10:25:40 PM »
Hey,

Wow!.. well cheers for that Darth. I had no idea though it does seem familiar too for some reason, maybe I clocked a thread on it at one time. I'm suprised as I thought that cutting your Glycols with some Vodka was quite common place for some on here? Couldn't see why switching the Normal to flavoured would effect it but that's good to know so thanks! I don't use it myself and that's obviously a good thing as I've only got about half a brain left from overdoing it throughout most of the 90'!!  :o So I won't be getting involved in that then I guess.. Best go and tell the bank manager to cancel the loan then seeing as my 10ml flavoured Vodka business is out the window!  :'(

PS.. Let me just ring my accountant too... HillBillllllllllllllll!!!........ ;)

Offline CraigHB

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2011, 10:41:08 PM »
It's actually the fluval in the carts that's of the most concern.  The silica fiber used in the wicks and the polyethylene plastics the carts are made of are generally impervious to grain alcohol.  Though it's certanly possible a cart made with sub-standard plastic could degrade with exposure to grain alcohol.  The tank carts seem like they're made of good high grade plastic.  You could always do a soak on one to verify it.  If it doesn't soften up, it should be fine.

Offline itz Dirty

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2011, 10:58:10 PM »
All said I will just save my vodka for drinking from now on.

Unable to load the 'forum.totallywicked-eliquid.com_below' template.