As a Coke Bath user, here's some helpful hints and tips-
1. DO NOT leave it in coke overnight. I do it for 30 minutes to 3 hours. I wouldn't leave an atty in this coke any longer than 4 hours.
2. LET THE COKE GO FLAT BEFORE USE. It's not the carbonation that causes the action to work, it's the phosphoric acid. Denture cleaners work because of citric acid. Any kind of acid should help clear off any muck from the metal, but phosphoric and citric, while weak, is food grade safe.
3. Sugared or unsugared, that is the question. So far, the one test I did with regular coke has not shown any appreciable difference. I've been using diet and zero more for the fact it's easier for me to lay my hands on. More testing will show more.
4. Boil them in water for 20-60 minutes after soaking. This is, I think, why it doesn't matter if sugared or unsugared is used. The coke bath merely busts the muck loose, the boiling water finishes the job.
5. Allow to air dry, or not to allow air dry. I've tested both of these, and I've found best results NOT allowing them to air dry. The water acts like a primer, allowing the direct drip to get to the heating coil faster. I usually blow out a little bit, getting the excess out, then drip in.
6. If the atty does not warm up, then the atty is dead. Remember, these are not permanent things, and this process can eat away the metal. Eventually these things do die.
7. If the atty is warming up quickly, but you are not getting anything, STOP IMMEDIATELY! Put more fluid in the atty, allow to soak in, then try again. Just keeping on puffing an damage or ruin the atty.
And FYI, this is something i have been doing straight up, since i started in July, and STILL have working atomizers from my ORIGINAL starter kit. As a matter of fact, the ONLY atomizer that has died on me has been from NON TOTALLY WICKED juice. So i'm not sitting here blowing smoke up people's butts.