Author Topic: Virginia - March 2009  (Read 8513 times)

Offline Goffski

Virginia - March 2009
« on: March 11, 2009, 12:20:48 PM »
Reviews coming soon.

Offline Goffski

Re: Virginia - March 2009
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 08:41:33 PM »
I've been testing this one out using a Platinum 901 with USB Passthrough and on the road with a battery.

At 36mg this is producing plenty of vapour and giving a good throat hit, but a little harsh. Its not as harsh as the sweat flavours and for me it is one i can vape with out too much complaint, i do tent to find this with the higher nic tobocco flavours. I do have to keep putting it down as it does go straight to my head!

Flavour wise well its a tobacco taste but for me not as good at the likes of Hilton and British Bull Dog. I have tried a sample of 'Tobacco' (not too sure what make) and its very similar in taste to this. Can't really go into anymore detail to describe it to be honest.

I took this one into the Pub with me and a mate who smokes Golden Tobacco rollies and also likes to sample the different flavours had a go. He found it far too harsh and didn't really like the taste of it (he's a big fan of the BB even though he doesn't yet own an e-cig). Not tried Golden Tobacco rollies for a long time so can't really compare it to these.

I vaped this along side the lemon flavour and found myself keep coming back to this one rather than the lemon. If you prefer just a good tobacco type taste thats got a good hit to it (no gimmicky flavours) then this could well be the one for you.

Would i continue to smoke it? At 18mg no problem. 36mg is just too strong and a little on the harsh side for me.

Would i buy it? If Hilton was out of stock then yes. At the minute these type of flavours are doing it for me rather than the sweet style flavours, but i can see myself buying anything higher than 18mg.

Flavour: 6.5/10
Flavour Strength: 7/10
Vapor: 9/10
Throat Hit: 7/10 (36mg harsh hit- 9/10, 18mg - just right  :))
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 09:32:57 AM by Goffski »

Offline igetcha

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 05:10:47 AM »
hi all,

here are my thoughts on the virginia:-

the juice is fairly light brown in colour and has no nasties floating about in it and when taking of the lid you get a pretty nice tobacco aroma, though not too strong. the liquid itself is fairly runny, not thick at all.

weapon of choice: TITAN

taste

using a freshly filled titan cart with the 18mg, rather than direct dripping i found the virginia to have a pretty nice, fairly stong taste of tobacco. i would definitely say it is very similar to the taste you get when smoking a Golden Tobacco roll up cigarette. i know it sounds odd, but i would describe it as a wet tobacco taste. that doesnt mean i find it weak or wimpy in taste! what i mean is that it makes my mouth feel like ive had a swig of water at the same time as taking a drag (thats a really rubbish description but i dont know how else to explain it!)
overall, pretty nice! a sure winner for those who enjoy rolling tobacco.

taste using the 36mg was still as nice tasting as the 18mg

vapour

the vapour produced was good but not overly thick how i like it. plenty enough to be able to blow some nice rings which have some weight behind them!

no difference in vapour production between the 18mg and 36mg

throat hit

i thought the virginia in the 18mg provided a very satisfactory throat hit indeed. a real nice "kick" but not too harsh. the 36mg provided the same nice kick but was definitely harsher on the throat than the 18mg.

in summary

taste: 8 out of 10

vapour: 7 out of 10

throat hit: 8 out of 10

which gives an average total score of:-

7.5 out of 10

Offline Silk

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 01:08:25 PM »
Equipment: For this one I used my pen style with usb passthrough and an evo,  I’ve not had much luck with my minis of late, and am slowly consolidating through natural deteriation.

Liquid
Colour – Very pale,
Odour – Almost nil,
Viscosity – Pretty thin

Vapour – 7/10
Vapour Odour – again almost  nil,
Quantity – A little less than others I’ve tried recently.

Taste 6/10
To be honest, I found this one of the hardest so far to describe. There is a familiarity, but I can’t quite put my finger on it. It doesn’t remind me of Golden Tobacco (thankfully – cos I can’t stand it), but I guess there is a tobacco like quality to it, but it just doesn’t stand out. Not one of my favourites.

Hit 7/10
Pretty punchy throat hit especially in the 36,g sample. But without the flavour it seems to miss the spot.

Would I buy it?
I could see this being a good base for doing your own menthol or similar or for toning down an over zealous flavour. But for a general use, no I wouldn’t

Verdict – 6/10
I just wasn’t sure about this flavour. I kept wanting to like it, and it certainly had a throat hit, but it seemed to be lacking…. something (I just don’t know what). However as a mixer with a tobacco overtone, it might be just the thing.

Offline womblebad

• bombing through lives!!!
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 11:40:20 AM »
TW Virginia

E-cig used was a Titan

Ok these are the ones i look foreward to reviewing being a fan of tobacco flavours

A pronounced tobacco aroma upon opening the bottle, very light brown colouring on the virginia and quite thin in viscosity (be careful whilst dripping)
i loaded up the Titan cart with the 36mg and took a long slow draw, this thing has a kick like a mule and a definite smoothness to the flavour, it's not quite hand rolling tobacco but it comes pretty close, now bear in mind the State Express, Hilton and Camel all have a slightly sweet nutty taste to them while this is straight up tobacco in my opinion,

Having said all this, this isn't one of my favourite flavours now, i much prefer the State Express because it has a fuller sweeter nuttier flavour, a thing a real cig couldn't come close too, but as a plain simple tobacco taste i do recommend this one, the vapour is very good but by no means the best, very satisfying though, i would and have bought this flavour since.

The 18mg was also a surprise because it still gives a kick, harder than i had imagined, if your a low tar smoker i think this would serve you well

Throat Hit  9/10
Vapour      8/10
Flavour     8/10
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 07:57:33 PM by caz »
keep on bombing!!!

Unable to load the 'forum.totallywicked-eliquid.com_below' template.