TW Patriot Range Menthol Ice (18mg) June 2010
Menthol or mint based liquids are a big favourite of mine, in fact, the stronger a juice is the better I like it and I’ve been more than happy with many that I’ve tried during the last year or so. Most were good to ‘wow’, whilst the remainder were ‘so-so’ to downright disappointing. All good fun but how did the Patriot Range Menthol Ice shape-up for me? Equipment
- DSE901, cleaned / primed atomiser, fully-charged 380mAh manual battery, cartridge. (Also 510, cleaned / primed standard atomiser, tornado 650mAh battery, direct-drip method).Colour of liquid
– Clear light tea roseSmell of liquid
– Faint odour of a menthol mouthwashFlavour / Taste
– Without stating the obvious, this is menthol - pure and simple, and by that I mean that I’m not picking up much else, well, not enough to distinguish anyway. To me, though, that’s really not a negative and you can therefore concentrate on the mild, yet pleasing effect as the menthol makes a brave attempt to slightly chill the mouth and tongue – the latter more so on exhale. Certainly not overpowering by any stretch of the imagination but, definitely not boring either and the chilling sensation, which is soft but noticeable, lingers for quite a while – which can’t be bad…. 7/10 Throat Hit
– At a minimal expense of flavour, this is where I had to switch-over to the 510 as I wasn’t getting too much of a hit with the 901. It’s there in a way but you definitely get a slight improvement using the 510SR atty, from the back of the throat to top of the chest but, still, I expected just a tad more from an 18mg strength it must be said…… 6/10 Vapour Content
– A great showing for a juice of this type – even with the 901 it’s very good and, as we’d probably expect, the 510SR enhances the production even further – pint upon pint of vapour, great stuff…. 8.5/10 In Summary
– I must say that I’ve grown to quite liking this juice so far as menthols go and I can definitely appreciate the lingering mild chilling effect on the tongue well after exhale – I found that to be rather clever. The throat hit remains in the background, but makes more of a showing when using suitable equipment (510 over the 901). The vapour production, however, is very pleasing and although I’ve been hammering Menthol Ice almost exclusively over the past few days, this will end-up for me as a morning vape. You get menthol, not much of a throat hit but great amounts of vapour – a nice refreshing way to start the day.
The only very small criticism I’d like to make, probably controversially, is not with the liquid itself, but with the name description of ‘Menthol Ice’. I found this juice to be somewhat mild compared to others I’ve tried (with a similar title) and something along the lines of ‘Cool Menthol’ would be more of a fitting name. That’s only my opinion and I certainly don’t mean that in an unkind way, it’s just that I usually enjoy much stronger menthol liquids but this one may be at an acceptable level for many folks. To reinforce though, I liked what this juice had to offer and I’m definitely going to give the 36mg variation a go in the not too distant future…… 7.17/10
If you like a pre-mixed mild menthol in a pure state, nothing added or taken-away, then you will surely appreciate the TW Patriot Range Menthol Ice at 18mg
Happy Vaping everyone…….