TW Patriot Range Lemon Anise (18mg) September 2010
Lemon and anise? Together? All seems rather strange to me…… Equipment
– 510 cleaned standard atomiser, 650mAh manual Tornado battery, direct-drip method using a long metal tip. Colour of liquid
– Lemon juice, but deeper in colourSmell of liquid
– Slight whiff of lemon with a hint of something herbalFlavour / Taste
– So subtle it’s untrue and, flavour wise, all the action seems to take place at the point of exhale and aftertaste. The whole mouth feels like it’s been sucking on a lemon sherbet – but without any element of sherbet, combined with the sensation of having a teaspoonful of lemon juice, without tasting the actual lemon – all in a toned-down fashion. The anise plays second fiddle throughout although sometimes it does beat the lemon on reaching the tastebuds immediately prior to the exhale. However, it’s pretty short-lived and the lemon always has the final say…..
All-round, it’s certainly not bitter – and definitely not sweet, in fact it’s quite refreshing and tangy although a little on the dry side which affects mainly the back of the tongue and top of the palate…. 7/10 Throat Hit
– Quite underpowered really - even for an 18mg, but mostly it’s the top of the throat which is the main benefactor here. I’m not getting a lot towards the back of the throat and almost nothing on the chest although strangely enough, it seems to suit the flavour reasonably well…. 5/10Vapour Content
– Definitely up there with the best vapour producers I’ve had in the past. This really is a fantastic performer – huge amounts of grey, lingering clouds of vapour fill the room with ease….9/10 In Summary
– It’s taken me a while to get to grips with this one and, as I’ve gotten to know it, quite confused. In terms of taste, it’s as if it were saying “Ah, you’ve finally found me. Didn’t you know I was here all along?” (When e-liquids start talking to you, then you know you’ve got problems). The throat-hit is a bit of a let-down for me personally but, boy, did the vapour content more than make up for it? I know what I prefer….
Another liquid where you really would need to have a drink on the side, whether it’s a chilled glass of water or maybe something a little stronger and if you do indeed fancy a refreshing beer to accompany this juice then allow me to recommend a nice drop of Hoegaarden original (Witbier). If you’re into trying out different fruit flavours then, purely because of its subtleness, it’s really worth giving the PR Lemon Anise a go…. 7/10
Happy vaping everyone…..