Author Topic: PR Coconut Chocolate 18mg - August 2010  (Read 3863 times)

Offline smurf

PR Coconut Chocolate 18mg - August 2010
« on: August 22, 2010, 11:03:16 PM »
PR Coconut Chocolate 18mg  

I received this on Friday, 8-20-2010. I've been vaping it over the weekend. For this review I'm using my Tornado, 510 atty, and Direct Dripping.

Appearance:  The best I can describe it is, maybe a light tan color, not dark at all. More on the thin side if anything, but not too runny.

Smell:  When I opened the bottle, I could immediately smell the coconut. I can't detect any chocolate smell at all.

Taste:   On the inhale and exhale, I'm picking up on a light hint of chocolate, and no hint of coconut at all. It's odd that I could smell the coconut and not the chocolate when I opened the bottle, yet while vaping it's just the opposite. Could be the taste buds acting up because they know I'm doing a review on this flavor.

Throat Hit:  Very mild to hardly any at all. There again, as I've mentioned in earlier reviews, it could be due to the fact that I normally vape 36mg liquids.

Vapor:  It produces good vapor, that would be unsuitable for stealth vaping, but not clouds of vapor.

Summary:  Sorry guy's, but this one is just not doing it for me. It will probably suit some's taste just fine, but it's not a must have for me. On the Ten scale, I will give it a 5.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 11:05:39 PM by smurf »
"When a man steals your wife, there's no better revenge than to let him keep her."

Offline Lunawolf

• Life's too short to vape with cheap crap ;-)
Re: PR Coconut Chocolate 18mg - August 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 12:29:37 PM »
Patriot Range Coconut-Chocolate 18mg         August 2010

Equipment Used Regular 510 atty on a SDMKII whilst DDing

Color/Smell Semi clear pale light pinkish-coral. Lightly scented coconut with subtle chocolate undertones. Great consistency. Not runny or watery and drips very well.

Taste Lightly flavored, not over powering. Smooth on the inhale with a nice kick. Reminds me of a mounds bar. Smelling this in the bottle, I thought it would taste more like coconut than chocolate, but I find it is just the opposite. The flavor really comes through on the exhale which is a very silky chocolate with delicate hints of coconut. I am not a huge fan of coconut, but I am really liking this vape. I think because it's more of a chocolate vape to me than it is coconut. It has just the right amount of sweetness to it. It isn't mouth drying or sticky. Flavors are genuine in taste.

Throat Hit Really good

Vapor Production This one is kicking out some pretty intense vapor.  Loads of vapor on this one.

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity ~ E.A.Poe

Offline NandyDC

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 10:42:01 PM »
PR Coconut-Chocolate 18mg

I'm testing this liquid on my SDMKII with a LR901 atty and delrin drip-tip.

The color is some orange/light pink with a very pleasant coconut smell with a very light choco ala Bounty candy bar.

The taste is very different from the smell. When vape the choco is the dominant flavor with almost no coco on it. You can taste a very sweet chocolate with subtle undertones of coconut on the exhale.

The Throat Hit is really good, makes me cough with almost every draw.

The vapor production is no different from almost all the PR line. Massive vapor specially on the LR atties.

I really like this one for occasional vapes but not all day vape like Ruyan 5 and Apple Pie.

Offline dereck72

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 10:30:11 PM »
August 2010 Patriot Range Coconut Chocolate 18mg

Equipment:
Mega Tornado with an LR 510 atomizer.

Appearance/Aroma: Slight pinkish color, strong coconut smell more similar to a coconut based product than natural coconut.

Flavor: A fifty-fifty balance of coconut and chocolate. A little on the artificial side, thatís not to say its bad.  The chocolate was like a chocolate cookie, similar to Oreos.  The coconut tasted a little syrupy, similar to the Coconut Creams you would find in a box of chocolates.  Often when I vape sweeter flavors my taste buds get used to them after a short while and I have to switch flavors.  This tasted pretty sweet; however, the flavor did remain pretty strong when vaped over a period of time.  Seems after vaping for a while the coconut became a little less noticeable than the chocolate. 

Throat Hit:  Surprising, the throat hit is a little bit on the strong side, considering itís such a sweet flavor.  It actually hits me a little more on exhale.

Vapor production:  Satisfactory marks for Coconut Chocolate, as far as vapor production goes.   It was on the lower end of the Patriot Range liquids Iíve tried; however, it was still pretty good.

Patriot Range Coconut Chocolate is a good choice if you like sweets. If asked for a flavor that was similar to the coconut filled chocolates, I would say this would be it. 

I'm no quitter...I'm a winner :)

Unable to load the 'forum.totallywicked-eliquid.com_below' template.