Author Topic: Cola - February 2009  (Read 7571 times)

Offline Goffski

Cola - February 2009
« on: February 21, 2009, 01:16:18 PM »
Reviews coming soon.

Offline Goffski

Re: Cola - February 2009
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 10:51:12 AM »
Ok, bit of a change for this one, i've tested this time with the usual SuperMini and the 901 Platinum with USB passthrough (new toy!) - anyway the EVO doesn't seem to be performing too well at the minute.

First off the flavour, it does taste of Cola, but we're talking Panda Cola here and not your Coca Cola or Pepsi. For those of you not familiar this is your cheap cola from yesteryear i guess you could compare it to Tesco Value or something along those lines. Rather than comparing it to various brands of cola I guess really it's kind of like those little cola bottles sweets you can buy. To be honest its got a nice taste to it, sweetish just like the little cola bottles really, but it's not really very strong. I have tried another brand of cola eJuice which did have a stronger flavour to it (not sure if i can say that or not!).

Vape wise again its another good juice, it's producing plenty of vapour so there's no complaint there. The problem i'm having with this one though is it's a little too harsh on the back of the throat, i can't really make my mind up if its a strong throat hit or just too harsh which is spoiling / masking the flavour. Other 36mg i've tried seem to give that good hit but without the harshness.

I've stuck with it for a couple of days and my overall thoughts are, the flavour needs to be stronger and be a little less harsh. Would i buy it, i probably would but it wouldn't be my first choice as if you read my last review you'll know how much i enjoyed the Red Bull-ion. Also i'm starting to think that 36mg is way too strong for the sweet style flavours as they tend to be a little too harsh for me and spoil the flavour a little especially on this one. Personally i would go for the 18mg, i think this would be the better strength to make it more enjoyable and give it the full thumbs up. I could let it down with some glycerin but the problem you have then is losing more of the flavour and its quite a weak one to start with. I learnt that lesson by trying to stretch the Red Bull-ion even further and losing the pure quality of it.  >:(

Flavour: 7.5/10 (Quite a nice flavour)
Flavour Strength: 5/10 (Needs to be stronger)
Vapour: 10/10 (Plenty produced)
Throat Hit: 8/10 (Giving it 8 as its too harsh rather than a good hit)

On another note, these last two are the first juices i've received in the new packaging - very impressed and looking very professional.  ;D

Offline Silk

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 05:12:16 PM »
TW Cola
Now I must admit, I wasnt expecting much from this one. I am not a big fan of the sweet flavours, having more savoury tastes. Im not even much of a fizzy drinks drinker, but I do enjoy the occasional glass of coke (got to be "the real thing" though, and preferably from those glass bottles of a very distinctive shape). But I was in for a pleasant surprise.

Equiptment
Started with a TW Platinum Mini (but it died  :'( ) so swapped to TW Black Mini, Evo and my Cranberry Pen (my fave device) all on fresh batts.

Liquid
A very pale colour, slight odour of cola.

Vape Odour
Quite mild, slightly sweet.

Vapour 8/10
Plenty of it but not very thick

Hit 9/10
Small vapes offer a good but manageable hit. A long slow draw into your boots however, will grab hold of your epiglottis and use it for a punch bag. (I think this might partly be down to the citric acid, or whatever they are using to get that fizzy sensation)

Taste 8/10
A real surprise I liked it a lot more than I expected. It really reminds me of those sweets you used to get from the tuck shop cola bottles (they were a penny each in my day). There was a sugar coated version that was quite sharp and fizzy on your tongue (almost sherberty) that is what vaping this stuff is like. Im guessing there is a small amount of citric acid in here, to give that tingle effect, and it works.
Its still a little sweet for my palette, but it isnt unpleasant.

Would you buy it? Probably not It is quite nice, but I can think of other flavours I would be more likely to buy.

Will you finish the sample? In the words of the nodding dog "oh yes!"

Overall 8/10 It is pretty nice, just not quite what I am looking for.
However (so far) it is the best of the sweeter flavours I have tried & I wouldnt turn any away if offered

OK so when do we get Irn Bru? Get that right and I'll buy a bucket full.

Offline womblebad

• bombing through lives!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 07:26:42 PM »
TW Cola 36mg

Equipment used 901 with USB Passthrough and the Titan and my last fresh atomizer

Ok like Scott i'm a huge cola fan so this one i was really expecting good things from, the smell of this one is really nice, definitely cola with the nicotine undertones, good stuff so far, liquid was very light in colour and quite thin in viscosity.

I dripped into the 901 and took a long steady draw, pure bliss, and unusually i got taste on both the inhale and exhale, it is not a coca cola taste, definitely tastes of those cola bottles but its a really nice flavour, the vapour was a little dissapointing on this one, don't get me wrong it does produce pretty good vapour but it has no weight to it, certainly not a one for you smoke ring experts, but to be fair i have tried cash cola as well and the same amount of vapour was produced, comparing cash cola and TW cola side by side i would have to say the cash cola has a harsher thoat hit and less flavour whereas the TW cola has a smoother throat hit and a much fuller flavour.

Moving on to the Titan and the vapour was slightly denser but still the thinnest vapour production of all the liquids i have tried so far, but the flavour came through once again beautifully, throat hit was excellent once again and as a side note this is a great liquid to mix in with glycerin and other fruit flavours, add some glycerin and another fruity flavour and the thin vapour problem dissapears, thomas the tank engine time again woohooo  ;D

I was so impressed with this one that i ordered 30ml of the stuff straight away!

Taste        9/10

Vapour      6/10 (add glycerin and you get a solid 9/10)

Throat Hit  9/10
keep on bombing!!!

spiraller

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 01:24:35 PM »
I compared this flavour with a rival (CaSH Cola 36mg), using the Titan and a DSE901 e-cigarette.

The smell on opening the bottle is much stronger with the TW juice, than the smell from the CaSH cola, although both are pretty similar. Asking others to smell the juice, all immediately said it smelled of cola, some comments that it was similar to fizzy cola bottle sweets. I have to agree, that sums up the smell nicely.

On vaping, the flavour from TW's cola is way stronger and personally I much prefer it to the rival. It is also slightly sweeter. The TW juice totally gets the thumbs up, it knocks spots off CaSH for me. A good smooth taste and throat hit, but in agreement with womblebat about the amount of vapour, which is not the best I have come across, either with my DSE or with my Titan (but yes it is similar to the vapour produced by CaSH cola).

So, to summarise the flavour, it is a good strong hit of cola bottle sweets, not too sweet, and it lingers in the mouth for a good while after vaping. I like the 36mg and had no problem distinguishing the taste from any harshness the high nicotine content presented. I would buy this in preference to any other brand of cola flavour (and having just run out of CaSH, will most definately be placing an order with TW for cola from now on!).

A highly recommended flavour for all, I never drink cola but I love vaping this stuff :)

Top marks from me.

Unable to load the 'forum.totallywicked-eliquid.com_below' template.