Author Topic: Mixing 101  (Read 107253 times)

Offline bsheffield3

Re: Mixing 101
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2012, 07:52:37 AM »
Okay I have a question, how do you mix using 0mg VG/PG and flavor?

Offline StevieD

• Elite Hero Member
  • My friends call me Modo
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2012, 08:34:28 AM »
hiya bsheffield3, the simple answer is, just mix PG, VG and Flavouring to whatever your preference may be. Most premixes are about 80% PG, 20 % VG, Most of the flavours are PG based, and the premixes are between 7.5 and 15% flavouring (as a rough guide, but you really can mix these however you want to.)

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2012, 05:42:30 PM »
NIck,

Why do you especially keep DV Absinthe in the fridge?

Ummm.....  :-\  I guess the answer is.... ummmm..... well, I don't really know. ???  I've no idea what idea I had in my head when I did that Knoton. :-[  I think it may have been down to something I read from NickOTeen, but I've no idea what it might have been now! :-[  I can just tell you that the open bottle of concentrate I'm mixing from is in my mixing box with everything else (which is not kept refrigerated), and all my unopened stock is in the fridge. :-\

Okay I have a question, how do you mix using 0mg VG/PG and flavor?

An alternative to Stevie's suggestion (which is a great one, and will give you a mix that will duplicate a 0mg pre-mix) is 15% flavor concentrate, 35% AG (make from 15% distilled water and 85%VG if you're using pure VG), and 50% PG.  Then you can adjust from there.  This option will yield a mix with much greater vapor production and that is slightly sweeter and with less throat hit than the standard 80/20 PG/VG mix.  If you like throat hit, just go with what Stevie said, or substitute a high quality grain alcohol for some of the VG/AG.  Happy mixing!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 05:54:23 PM by 8Ball »
Nick

Offline Tara

« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2012, 05:34:32 PM »
Going to throw one out there re: the absinthe in the fridge, as a bit of a foodie I search high and low sometimes for the right herb, even though I live less than 3 miles from levenshulme and the "curry mile" the herbs I get are most often freeze dried but sometimes naturally dried, the essential oils that give them thier flavour are often lost fairly quickly ( we are talking weeks) when subjected to "normal" temperatures (it allows the oils to evaporate) or sunlight ( they can turn rancid or oxidise in undesirable ways), the absinthe concentrate is fairly high in about 20 herb oils, the fridge is an optimum storage environment, "mostly" dark and below 5 deg celsius. I know I keep mine in the fridge, I keep my REAL absinthe in there too ;)

Offline jediknight129

• urban airsofting tank user
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2012, 05:45:00 PM »
my sebor lives in my room but I only use it for glazes of absinthe for drinks that demand it anyway.

Offline Vogo

« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2012, 07:47:09 PM »
I had no problem with counting %, but I was missing info about PG, VG, PEG and its role in the mix.  I could not find it anywhere. Thank you a lot.
And yes as the mixing solutions are usually not in the same bottles the drops are not the same size but the latest calculators available on web are able to handle it.

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2012, 07:55:39 AM »
Welcome to the forum Vogo. :)   Yes, there are some mixing calculators out there now that allow you to change the drops/ml.  Good point. :)
Nick

Offline real-player

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2012, 09:40:54 AM »
THANKS FOR YOUR HARD WORK THIS DISCUSSION HAS ANSWERED A LOT OF QUESTIONS FOR ME AND COZ IM A NEWBIE IM THINKING OF BUYING A MIXING KIT AND HAVING AGO MYSELF THANKS AGAIN

caz

« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2012, 09:54:10 AM »
THANKS FOR YOUR HARD WORK THIS DISCUSSION HAS ANSWERED A LOT OF QUESTIONS FOR ME AND COZ IM A NEWBIE IM THINKING OF BUYING A MIXING KIT AND HAVING AGO MYSELF THANKS AGAIN

Thats great coggie glad the mixing guide answered a lot of your questions  ;D   but can we please ask that you type in lower case in future as typing in all caps is considered shouting in internet land  ;)   Thanks. 

Darth Vaper

« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2012, 10:46:16 AM »
I'm ok with aggresive happiness.  ;)

However I can hear fine with my helmet on... No need to shout.

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2012, 06:36:30 AM »
I'm ok with aggresive happiness.  ;)

However I can hear fine with my helmet on... No need to shout.

Maybe it's just a natural reaction Darth.  You may be able to hear fine in that thing, but we have problems hearing you, and I think sometimes the tendency is to.......  I SAID, I THINK SOMETIMES THE TENDENCY..... oh, never mind. ::)

;)
Nick

Darth Vaper

« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2012, 07:30:53 AM »
Mmmmmmmrrrrrrrrrr mmmmmmerrr mmmmmmmmubleeeeeee mmmmmmerrrrr

Test

Test

One two

HEY IS THIS THING ON?

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2012, 08:08:07 AM »
Nope, don't think it is. :P  (Ellie says that's why it's been so quiet lately (well, she said it...... I didn't!)). ???
Nick

caz

« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2012, 08:11:30 AM »
Nope, don't think it is. :P  (Ellie says that's why it's been so quiet lately (well, she said it...... I didn't!)). ???

We have something to feel very thankful for then  ;)  although i do hear some heavy breathing and something that sounds a lot like whinging,  do ya hear that too 8ball  ??? :-\
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 08:15:22 AM by caz »

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2012, 08:22:44 AM »
Nope, don't think it is. :P  (Ellie says that's why it's been so quiet lately (well, she said it...... I didn't!)). ???

We have something to feel very thankful for then  ;)  although i do hear some heavy breathing and something that sounds a lot like whinging,  do ya hear that too 8ball  ??? :-\

Why yes.  Yes I do caz.......... but I thought it was me. :D
Nick

caz

« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2012, 08:28:19 AM »
nah cant be you nick its not coming from the naughty corner,   :P

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2012, 08:33:33 AM »
nah cant be you nick its not coming from the naughty corner,   :P

Well that's a relief.  Thanks caz. ;D
Nick

Offline jclcombs

« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2012, 01:32:18 PM »
Very clear and easy to understand thanks.

Offline Valroc

« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2012, 09:57:16 AM »
Hi,

I do have to say a massive thank you.  I dived into mixing and with the help of this guide and the people on this forum it makes it simple :P.
"A cleaner way of smoking... Why does the government not jump at the chance??!!!"

Offline ryanp20

« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2012, 06:47:31 AM »
Thanks man this quide is great i have wanted to try mixing for my self for a while now but have been a bit intimidated, but this guide has given me the confidence to give it a go
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline Larma

• Vapey Vape Vape
« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2012, 04:13:07 AM »
Thanks for the guide!

Im intrested in having a go at mixing - I like a new challenge :-)

Happy Vaping!

Offline Pubmaster

« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2012, 04:25:05 PM »
Thanks for the walk through Bodhii

Just what a noob like me needs  ;D  only been vaping for nearly 3 weeks, dont know if its saving me money yet, just had a lovely shop stocking up with loads og goodies, went a bit overboard i think {kid and sweetshop come to mind} should have enough stuff to last me a good 6 months lol.

Now just wait for the postie with a massive parcel  :)

Offline bimbim18

« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2012, 07:54:07 PM »
what should I use if I want to avoid PG (I think it may be messing with my sinuses) and don't want too much vapor?

Offline Kenneth131

« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2012, 08:04:45 PM »
The only alternative to pg is vg but you will get a good lot of vapour. There is peg but it only works well on a really good or new atty as it needs higher temps to vapourise.

I think increasing the vg ratio in a pg mix might help but you could also increase the distilled water ratio in the vg to lower the vapour as much.

Maybe someone might chime in with better advice though from some experience as personally I love high pg mixes

Offline RichJr

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Hero Member
  • 😇
    • TW Forum Rules
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2012, 08:11:13 PM »
I would recommend using more VG in your mix. Try 50% VG and see if it helps.

I do everything with my iPhone. Odyssey all day baby ;D

Offline r2dc9

« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2012, 08:01:04 AM »
Mark your mixes! great advice, keep meaning to mark them up but only usually think about while i'm sniffing through my bottles and by time i've found the one i'm after (usually the last one!) i think i know what order and flavour they all are so its all good, forgetting just what a bad memory i have!  ???

Offline DeciBelle

« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2012, 09:52:57 AM »
I've been reading the forum for a few weeks now so I've got a fair idea of what everything is....but I really wish I'd found this earlier!! woulda saved a load of time! never mind, it's a fab refference for me from now on, great work!! Thanks!! 8-)
Keep your head in the clouds, and your feet on the ground....clouds of vapour of course! ;o)

Offline Subzofo

« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2012, 01:21:59 PM »
Brill!!! Thanks for the info.. Just the kind of guide I've been looking for.

Top Job ;o)

Growing old is mandatory.....    Growing up is optional ;o)

Offline bimbim18

« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2012, 03:59:44 PM »
OK I'm going with the VG based Plat Ice (54mg), and want to use Vodka for hit. do I HAVE to use PG in my mix or can I just run with Flavor,Vodka, Plat Ice, Distilled water?

Just a reminder (as I mentioned above), I'm trying to back away from PG and see if that is what is causing my sinus problems. Also ... how much Vodka do I put?... in my mix, not my glass lol

Offline danwldr

• Dan
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2012, 04:06:03 PM »
OK I'm going with the VG based Plat Ice (54mg), and want to use Vodka for hit. do I HAVE to use PG in my mix or can I just run with Flavor,Vodka, Plat Ice, Distilled water?

Just a reminder (as I mentioned above), I'm trying to back away from PG and see if that is what is causing my sinus problems. Also ... how much Vodka do I put?... in my mix, not my glass lol
vodka doesn't really change throat hit, plus I'm not really sure that you should vape alcohol? others may disagree (they usually do) I assume your flavour will be VG aswell? I don't really know how you will enhance the throat hit, maybe you could look into a VV device such as the twist, crank up th volts, maybe in theory that may help, but I'm pretty sure vaping a solvent (alcohol is not wise)

Unable to load the 'forum.totallywicked-eliquid.com_below' template.