Author Topic: Tornado eGo-C: Bubbles / No Bubbles  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Wingsy

Tornado eGo-C: Bubbles / No Bubbles
« on: February 27, 2012, 11:53:30 AM »
I'm having mixed results with my eGo-C. Sometimes it's great, sometimes not. Then today I noticed that if I take a puff with no power to the atty, I'll see a bubble or two come to the top. That's normal. But, if I have the button pushed I will see no bubbles. I mean like 5 draws with the button down, and zero bubbles. No bubbles means no liquid is leaving the cartridge. And that may explain why I sometimes get poor results, like when I really want it I'll do several pulls with power and that seems to result in diminishing returns. If I prime the pump so to speak, by doing a few pulls with no power, I'll get better results for the next few hits with power. Surely this isn't normal. Can anyone duplicate this, and suggest what I can do to improve my vaping?

Also it seems that I'm leaking fluid around the junction of the cartridge to the body, and my feeling is that it's due to many hard pulls trying to get some vaping action going on. When I remove the cartridge I'm seeing plenty of liquid around the cartridge and inside the body.

Offline Rabidrabbit

Re: Tornado eGo-C: Bubbles / No Bubbles
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 11:03:05 AM »
I don't know anything about bubbles, but I AM have problems with leakage coming out of the joints.

At first I thought it was the caps. I replaced the cap.  It does seem to happen when I'm really getting a good vape on.

It seems to happen when my cart is pretty full too....so I lose a LOT of liquid. And YES my cart is pushed in all the way.

I love my ego-C but this reoccuring problem is really starting to irritate me.
 It happened to me yesterday while I was driving and I had fluid EVERYWHERE and nothing to wipe it off with.

So, whats going on with Ego-C leakage?  >:(

Offline pufferfish

• puffball
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 11:37:09 AM »
You might want to check that your cone is nice and tightly screwed into the base before you attach it to the battery?
Just a thought, I know I was a bit tentative about screwing it down tightly at first, but that part needs to be pretty tight, it's possible that's your leakage point?
 :D

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 11:59:20 AM »
Hi Wingsy.

I know you've been a vaper longer then I have, and unless I'm confusing you w/ someone else (and that's not out of the question, lol), you've been a Tank vaper for about as long as I have too.... so I know you know you need to leave a bit of air space in the Tank cart when filling it.  I notice the bubbles you're talking about on my Tanks, but not so much on the "C".  I usually have to take a few cold draws right after I refill the cart, to sort of get things moving, and I notice bubbles then..... but don't really see any when I'm vaping normally on the "C".  My theory is that we see more bubbles with the regular and mega tanks because they both have a large metal mesh reservoir.  So I think that fills up a bit from time to time (and that's when you see the bubbles).  Sort of an irregular juice flow, dribs and drabs, sort of thing.  But with the "C" there's no reservoir really, so I think there's more of a constant feed to the atty, and therefore you don't get as many noticeable bubbles (just a theory, mind you).

I don't have any leaking problems with the "C" unless I've done too many "cold draws".  If I do that, then I get a bit of..... :-\  well, more seepage than leaks really.  Hope this helps, and it's nice to see you posting again.

Cheers,
Nick

EDIT:  P.S.  Good advice from Ellie (Pufferfish) too.  At first I was reluctant to horse down the connection between the cone and the base (too much time being gentle with the atty-to-battery connection me thinks), but they really do need a good twist to make connection and prevent leaks. ;)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:01:23 PM by 8Ball »
Nick

Offline cyborg

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 12:04:12 PM »
Leakage is one problem I havenít had with the C, burnt taste yes but Leakage no.
I now use Taraís tip & line the slots in the atty with the vents on the Tank, now working great.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED Smiley" border="0

Offline Rabidrabbit

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 01:54:49 PM »
Hummmm. I'll check my atty puffer thanks. Seemed to try all other possibiities....

Unable to load the 'forum.totallywicked-eliquid.com_below' template.