Author Topic: Peg-400 and allergy  (Read 2354 times)

Offline Knoton

• DV Absinthe is the ultimate vape flavour :-)
Peg-400 and allergy
« on: October 16, 2011, 05:00:43 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am aware that this post might overstep the rules a little bit.
If I do that, please help me rephrase, this is important to me.

some of you know already I am trying hard to make my wife start vaping.
But so far she just starts coughing hard on everything I have tried.
Yesterday she was forcing herself to vape a little bit longer than just 1-2 short draws.
She had a full Asthma attack  :( It was not nice to see, I know I have it really bad myself but dont have any problems with vaping.
Now to my question, Do you think it could be worth trying Peg-400 or do you have any other ideas ?
Are there any concentrates that I can get based on peg-400.
Maybe it will be ok if there is just a little bit of PG/AG in the mix...

Spent £1323.89
 Vaping make people friendly and tolerant, let´s spread the word to gain world peace :D

Offline StevieD

• Elite Hero Member
  • My friends call me Modo
Re: Peg-400 and allergy
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 05:38:00 AM »
Hiya Knoton, I believe the DV Very Vanilla flavour concentrate is PEG 400 based rather than PG like the others.....Has she tried plain PG and plain AG in a fresh atty, just to narrow down which is causing the problems?

Offline Knoton

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 05:59:56 AM »
Hiya Knoton, I believe the DV Very Vanilla flavour concentrate is PEG 400 based rather than PG like the others.....Has she tried plain PG and plain AG in a fresh atty, just to narrow down which is causing the problems?

She has tried pure AG, but not in a fresh atty, just a cleaned one.
It was the same coughing.
Pure PG I think is pointless since that doesnt make noticeable vapour enough.
But I think we should try pure PG just for the sake of it.

Spent £1323.89
 Vaping make people friendly and tolerant, let´s spread the word to gain world peace :D

Offline Knoton

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 06:03:54 AM »
If it is to any help she says that the premixes seems to make her cough less than my mixes.
So maybe there is somekind of change to what I mix and what is in the premixes.
I use only products bought from TW, Both AG, PG, nicbase and flavours.

Spent £1323.89

Offline pufferfish

• puffball
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 06:22:33 AM »
Hi Knoton,
How does Ann inhale?
Does she draw the vapour straight into her lungs; or does she draw into her mouth, then down to her lungs? Or does she not take vapour down to her lungs at all?
Personally, I cannot take vapour directly into my lungs without coughing until I almost choke :o
I'm just hoping it's to do with technique rather than a sensitivity  :-\

Offline Knoton

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2011, 06:46:19 AM »
Hi Knoton,
How does Ann inhale?
Does she draw the vapour straight into her lungs; or does she draw into her mouth, then down to her lungs? Or does she not take vapour down to her lungs at all?
Personally, I cannot take vapour directly into my lungs without coughing until I almost choke :o
I'm just hoping it's to do with technique rather than a sensitivity  :-\

I have tried to teach her to not draw directly to her lungs.
I am pretty sure she takes it into her mouth first.
I also thought it more could be a technique thing at first.
But what happend yesterday was not just a cough it was a full Asthma attack.
I know I have had Asthma for about 25+ years.
She has never had an attack like yesterday before, just some pollen allergy problems.
She could not breathe, She took a lot of my asthma medicine to help her breathing.
So I gotta find a solution otherwise she never gonna be able to vape  :(
Asthma problems has a tendency to get worse once you hit something that triggers it.
For me I cant be around someone who has been using "bad" perfume without going into an attack.

Spent £1323.89

Offline pufferfish

• puffball
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 07:04:45 AM »
Oh dear, it sounds like a visit to the doctor is in order. So sorry, hope Ann's feeling better now and willing to keep trying.
It sounds like your next step is to try the DV Very Vanilla, as StevieD said it's made with PEG 400 so no VG/PG in it, if successful you can get Platinum Ice in PEG400 for mixing.

Offline Knoton

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 07:08:16 AM »
Oh dear, it sounds like a visit to the doctor is in order. So sorry, hope Ann's feeling better now and willing to keep trying.
It sounds like your next step is to try the DV Very Vanilla, as StevieD said it's made with PEG 400 so no VG/PG in it, if successful you can get Platinum Ice in PEG400 for mixing.

Thank you elaine  ;D
She is feeling a lot better now. It is over.
But she is obviously scared and I will not try anything until some time has passed.
I think I will let this day pass and if not something else comes in this thread I will order some P ice with peg400 and some peg400.
Just a small bottle to try...

Spent £1323.89

Offline bumble

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 02:51:13 AM »

Thank you elaine  ;D
But she is obviously scared and I will not try anything until some time has passed.
I think I will let this day pass and if not something else comes in this thread I will order some P ice with peg400 and some peg400.

Hi Knoton.  Was there a happy ending to this?  I was wondering if you managed to identify the cause of the problem - and if the peg400 was a solution?

spent £1k ICE+ DCT/RCS + eVic/vapePro = NO to MHRA cig-a-likes!

Offline Knoton

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 04:11:40 AM »

Thank you elaine  ;D

Hi Knoton.  Was there a happy ending to this?  I was wondering if you managed to identify the cause of the problem - and if the peg400 was a solution?

No  :( Unfortunately she is one of those that will not be able to enjoy vaping  :(
Whe have tried about everything there is. She always ends up with a asthma attack  :o
Now there is no point in trying more, she is to affraid of it.

Spent £1323.89

Offline blindsoup

• SR Atty -Tornado Booster mixed with PR American Red Tobacco = :)
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 04:30:55 AM »
Knoton - thats awful. I am sorry to hear that your wife is not able to Vape.
"I love this COMMUNITY!"

Offline johncellario

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 07:07:08 AM »
Hi Knoton

I've tried all sorts to get my wife into vaping...she's smoked for 40 years but every time she takes a puff on a vaping device, even on a low strength, she coughs like mad and just can't do it. The same thing has also happened with heavy smokers who take just one inhale on my device to try it. Good luck though.

Offline Jinx

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 03:12:50 PM »
I was going to ask a question about this myself, then I saw your post. I'm trying to get my Mum into vaping but like both of your wives, she's coughs so bad. She has asthma, not as bad as she has to constantly use her inhaler but it is certainly brought on by using my vaper. I was hoping to get her to take to vaping, like I have and get her off the cigs but it just isn't working. I know it's not PG or nicotine, either coz I only use VG and have used a very low nic percentage. It's a shame.

Offline Pubmaster

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 03:39:21 PM »
Hi guys

Just out of curiosity, what do you use to vape?

When i first started {only 6 months ago} both me and the Mrs started the same time, we started with a Tornado tank starter kit, the Mrs was alright on it, no coughing or anything, she just could not get used to the feel of it, i hated the feel of the plastic Cartridge's so i changed up to a DCT.

Now EVERYTIME my mrs has tried to use the DCT she has a coughing fit, it dosent matter whether it is a pre-mix or one i've mixed, she just cant stop coughing, i have tried all sorts of ways, more PG, less PG, more AG, less AG, same with nicotine strenghts, but put her back on the Tornado tank {pre-mixes} and she is fine, the strange thing is, my son-in-law does exactly the same thing, he tries my DCT and coughs his guts up, tries the Tornado and not a sound.

Hope this helps.

Offline Kenneth131

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 03:49:58 PM »
my opinion and is only my opinion, that cartos vapourize the liquid into a finer mist than the soaked attys of an ego. it fragments it better as its only a very small amount of liquid being heated by the coil opposed to a whole wick in contact with the coil as is with the ego c.

I would suggest for a dct dropping nic right down to maybe 4mg and using a higher AG mix. Its usually the nic that causes caughing or pg both of which when used in a dct are vapourised more efficiently for a finer less dense mist which allows for it to be harsher. some will be sensitive to this.

If this fails she may be better with a clero style atomizer for ego performance with dct capacity for liquid.

Offline Knoton

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 01:11:52 AM »
Well I think I have tried so many options there is no idea any longer to try anymore.
My wife wanted 6-8mg nicotine, she tried all niclevels up to 18mg and also no nicotine.
PG/VG/AG/PEG400 combinations and solo in all thinkable ways.
Titan tank, tornado tank, ego-c, several different clearos, cartos and a lot not to mention here.
She tried DD, all kinds of different flavours, different voltlevels, different resistance on atties.
I believe that there is nothing more to try out. She is one of those that just cant vape  :(
I believe that there are some people that cant handle vaping, it triggers their ashtma to badly.

Thank you very much for trying to help, appreciated  ;D

Spent £1323.89

Offline joolsbay

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2012, 08:41:25 AM »
Hi.
I was getting asthma sessions recently, definitely linked to vaping. I was on menthol red label, have swapped to menthol Titan - no more asthma. Is there a difference in the pg /VGA mix? Does anyone know. I had a lot of atty leakage using the red label, but since swapping ( Titan bottles have nice nozzle that fit the cap in my tank ) no leaks. Was that the cause of my asthma, or is it the different fluid?

Offline Kenneth131

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 05:41:51 PM »
higher PG in the red label to the titan. Titan range has a higher VG ratio which is understandable as PG is a known mild irritant to some

Offline joolsbay

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 05:35:13 AM »
Hi.
£ weeks later - no more asthma - the titan fluid is better for me. I'm one of the people sensitive then.

Unable to load the 'forum.totallywicked-eliquid.com_below' template.