Author Topic: Difference between Ego c & Tornado Tank  (Read 2195 times)

Offline stretch210

Difference between Ego c & Tornado Tank
« on: February 29, 2012, 11:06:03 AM »
Hi All,

Just out of interest what is the differnece between the tornado tank and the ego c? Is it just the fact on the ego c you can change the atties?

The ego c was ok after a month my atty went which i discovered last night which is fine replaced it and was all good 24 hours later all im getting is a burnt taste it just isnt wicking right! (Not nice Th lol)

Just thinking i may give the tornado tank ago before i go back to anoluges, shame really after 9 months but hey this is getting me more stressed than i ever have been  :(

Minus £231 Hardware & £364 Juice = £595 (To date)

Offline jediknight129

• urban airsofting tank user
Re: Difference between Ego c & Tornado Tank
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 11:15:51 AM »
the difference is the attys are different and the tornado batts are not the clicky on off ones thats about it I believe also you can get a bugger tank as well for the tank.

Offline stretch210

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 11:18:54 AM »
Yeah im already using the old style Tornado battery anyway as i didnt buy a kit i just pinched a cone and atty off a mate of mine. Id prob go for the mega tank  :D

Offline stretch210

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 11:30:28 AM »

Using Tara’s tip

( Ensuring the "vents" on the atty aligned with the intake slots on the tank )

thanks to this tip it does seem to have improved i just hope it stays ok as i do like the concept of just having to buy the atties etc.

;D

Offline Lettie22

• Paulette
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 11:52:45 AM »
Also, you will not get near the flavor with a tornado as you do with the ego-c.   I really don't know why, but I have both and the flavor from the c is much better.

I know you have another thread about this going -- did you try the pin down the spike to free up some air?   If Tara's suggestion helped you, then if you can free up some air in the spike, it should help you even more.

Offline Tara

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 12:10:37 PM »
Also, you will not get near the flavor with a tornado as you do with the ego-c.   I really don't know why, but I have both and the flavor from the c is much better.

Lettie I think that statement is a bit subjective rather than definative to be honest and may not be true for all people and all flavours. I know I prefer absinthe and cherry menthol in a T atty and as far as I am concerned both the C and the T are poor relatives in comparison to a decent carto and/or DDing with a 901 atomiser BUT  I stress again that is my opinion. I do think we need to be careful making sweeping statements about how these things perform and make it clear it is personal opinion especially if the person asking the questions is considering giving up vaping, if you hype something too much and make it seem like a universal "truth" you could be making the situation worse. If there is one thing I've learnt, especially in the last month, is that when it comes to vaping "one size (or device) does not fit all". :D

Offline Lettie22

• Paulette
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 01:16:44 PM »

Lettie I think that statement is a bit subjective rather than definative to be honest and may not be true for all people and all flavours. I know I prefer absinthe and cherry menthol in a T atty and as far as I am concerned both the C and the T are poor relatives in comparison to a decent carto and/or DDing with a 901 atomiser BUT  I stress again that is my opinion. I do think we need to be careful making sweeping statements about how these things perform and make it clear it is personal opinion especially if the person asking the questions is considering giving up vaping, if you hype something too much and make it seem like a universal "truth" you could be making the situation worse. If there is one thing I've learnt, especially in the last month, is that when it comes to vaping "one size (or device) does not fit all". :D

You're right Tara.  I do keep stating that the C gives more flavor than the T; and I make it more like a statement that an opinion because I remember so many stating that in their reviews, i.e. Puffer, StevieD, 8ball.   Even you said the following in your review of the ego-c, but I see from the above you've found something even better!   I will try to remember when I post responses that I include it is my opinion and not a fact because you are so right.   Thanks for reminding me of this!

"No seriously, a lovely smooth draw, and a big bang full of flavour, better than I'd ever experienced, I was really starting to think that folks that raved about a flavour (including the friends I know who vape) were actually full of BS because at best all I ever got with a standard tank was a "hint" of a flavour; I was starting to wonder if they were bigging it all up because they desperately wanted it to be THAT good, well actually with the C atty it really is, and in fact, I've vaped about twice what I normally would today because I'm like the proverbial kid in a toy shop re-trying all my disaster flavours which I was slowly resigning myself to tipping. Many of them now have been put back into the "use" section of my tool box yayayayay I'm sort of saving already on this kit."   

Offline Tara

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 01:22:57 PM »

You're right Tara.  I do keep stating that the C gives more flavor than the T; and I make it more like a statement that an opinion because I remember so many stating that in their reviews, i.e. Puffer, StevieD, 8ball.   Even you said the following in your review of the ego-c, but I see from the above you've found something even better!   I will try to remember when I post responses that I include it is my opinion and not a fact because you are so right.   Thanks for reminding me of this!

"No seriously, a lovely smooth draw, and a big bang full of flavour, better than I'd ever experienced, I was really starting to think that folks that raved about a flavour (including the friends I know who vape) were actually full of BS because at best all I ever got with a standard tank was a "hint" of a flavour; I was starting to wonder if they were bigging it all up because they desperately wanted it to be THAT good, well actually with the C atty it really is, and in fact, I've vaped about twice what I normally would today because I'm like the proverbial kid in a toy shop re-trying all my disaster flavours which I was slowly resigning myself to tipping. Many of them now have been put back into the "use" section of my tool box yayayayay I'm sort of saving already on this kit."   

Yup the C can be THAT good, but not always - as I have found out ;) and yes for me I have found something better, I had a couple of tanks full on a C the other night and I was right back to my cartos the following morning, ymmv ;)

Offline The Vape Escape

• Tornado T, Titan, screwdriver mk2, Ego C
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 01:37:02 PM »
Hey Stretch,

Well, I don't get anyway near enough time to keep up with all the threads on the Forum these days.. so if I miss things from posts you've made in other threads, I aplogise in advance!  :)

I'm not familiar with what atties or PV's you've tried already? So I will just post my personal thoughts on some of the devices mentioned.. Hopefully there's still a few options open for you to try?

The standard Tornado Tank is certainly one of them. I agree totally with Tara that Taste Buds and product recommendations are all relative and have to be read with caution. I tend to just post what I think (Good or bad) then others come and do the same, and eventually, the OP can read the thread and make their own mind up? I think that's the only way to be honest?!  :)

I liked the T Tank but never got more than two weeks out of an attie, found the flavour muted and also thought they were a bit too pricey.. but they worked well enough for me to go a good few months or so using them.

The Ego C I personally (and agree with lettie) thought the flavour to be significantly better than the standard Tanks BUT I'm one whose gone from loving it initially, to having lots of Attie issues further on down the road.. which is where I see you're at right now. TBH.. I'm finding them a right pain in the A*s* at the moment!  :( (Great when they work though)

Finally.. there's all manner of Cartos as you will know. I haven't looked back since I switched to DCT's and CE'2 Ultimates.. best of the lot imo? and if all else fails.. DDing with a 5/901 is still a pleasure for me, though not when convenience or portability are required?..  :-\

hmm.. it's a fickle and funny old game this Vaping Lark!  :P

Hope you can find a workable solution!  ;)

Facebook - The single most powerful tool for population control ever created!  Only when the power of love overcomes the love of power.. will the world truly know peace.  Barri

Offline stretch210

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 04:03:35 PM »
I have litrally tried quite a few things.....

i started on the old skool 510 cartridges with the foam like stuff in.....they leaked quite a bit for me and not to good vapour.

Iv tried the CE2's but found the 1st ones ob leaked and cracked as well known for..
The CE3's i did like the 1st editions but the known factor of shorting which i did lose 2 tornado batterys too  :( The 2nd editions didnt work half the time  >:(
The 510 Dual Coil Cartos, found these werent to good for my chest (as i have stated before)
Tried the DCT which i did like but not to good on the chest as for some reason i have worked out that if i use Dual Coil atties it effects my asthma some people have said its due to a warmer vape can tickle the airways.
Tried the titan tank but used to get burning issuies all the time with that.
Been told to stear clear of the CE4's

I may just go back to the old skool way but with the mega tornado atty  :o

Jon

Offline jediknight129

• urban airsofting tank user
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 04:14:27 PM »
my ce2 is good but fiddly, the ce2 I converted to DD was and is goood!!!! I love my tank though

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 04:31:08 PM »
FWIW, I'll throw in my .02.  I think when it comes to flavor we all know that it's subjective.  That said, I have to agree with Lettie.  For me, the "C"s give the best flavor I've found.  Slightly better than even the CE3s, and I prefer the "C"s to DDing with a 510 atty.

It sounds like you've tried all the important bits stretch.  Whatever happens, I hope you can find something (or a combination of somethings) that will work for you, and keep you from having to go back to the "real old school" method of nic delivery (which will surely be much worse for your asthma).

Best of luck,
Nick
Nick

Offline stretch210

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 02:26:33 PM »
Iv got it working a bit better now, iv been trying new flavours etc latley and chest seems to be getting worse so maybe its not the vapour lol - Got docs tmow so will see how it goes.................Dont think ill ever be able to go back to the real old skool even if i wanted to. Was around people today n just made me feel ill thinking bout it  :P

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 02:34:15 PM »
I'm sure it's nothing serious stretch, but it's good to know that you're going to get it checked out (and that you're not seriously contemplating resuming an "old habit" :D).  Please let us know how you're doing mate. :)

Nick

Unable to load the 'forum.totallywicked-eliquid.com_below' template.