Author Topic: DCT Query  (Read 932 times)

Offline Hiigy

DCT Query
« on: February 28, 2012, 05:16:49 AM »
Ok so i just ordered a DCT 6ml tank.. now im curious if their is anything that some more seasoned users of this new kit can warn me of anything i need to know before i start filling tomorow (hopefuly) when i recieve it.
If the above post looks a little on the bad side please forgive me heh.  My iPhone is not the best device for posting ;)

Offline cyborg

• Elite Member
Re: DCT Query
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 07:15:39 AM »
Make sure you give the carto a really good prime before you start using it.
It could be necessary to remove the drip tip & silicone bung (if used) to top up the carto from time to time, some people are reporting that it can dry out a little.
Some people use the silicone bung in the end of the carto some donít, I use it & have had no problems at all with the DCTís.
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED Smiley" border="0

Offline b3ast1e

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 09:36:07 AM »
I've been using these for a little while now, same tech but different branding  :-X. I'm really liking the look of these though, just for the colours alone as well as the alu drip tip, I might take advantage of the multipack . What I've found in the past with the dcts is that I've had to enlarge the little hole to get the tank feeding the carto reliably, I've even resorted to putting another one in on the opposite side of the pre-punched one. How are these performing for people beyond the usual issue of having to sometimes top up a brand new carto?

I've also found that I've had to cut back on my often relentless chain vaping with these, if I step down the pace a bit I get less dry hits and just a more satisfying vape..
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:40:16 AM by b3ast1e »

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 09:45:41 AM »
I've also found that I've had to cut back on my often relentless chain vaping with these, if I step down the pace a bit I get less dry hits and just a more satisfying vape..

:o  I knew there was a reason I didn't want these, LOL. ;D
Nick

Offline b3ast1e

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 04:14:08 PM »

:o  I knew there was a reason I didn't want these, LOL. ;D

Hehe, sorry if I scared you there 8  ;)

I think I've done them a disservice  tbh, been hitting mine for six and it's served me well so far. I don't generally like cartos much, but these really are great value for money, and having 6ml of juice on tap without any fiddling about is pretty awesome. Had no leaking issues at all, and the dry hits seem to be resolved once you've topped off the fresh carto. I'll reserve final judgement until I've done a refill or two but I really like these.

Shame I had to be contrary and become a direct dripping convert just as really decent affordable tanks become commonplace. ::)

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 04:48:10 PM »
LOL b3ast1e.  TBH, I just don't have any desire to give them a go ATM. :o   I've got more CE3s (old version) than I'll get through in the next year, and I'm mostly vaping on the "C" now anyway..... oh, and then there's the 10 or so standard and Mega Tank attys I've still got in reserve.  I've tried the Mega DC Tornado cartos (and between Ellie and me we've probably still got about 15 of those to get through) and I really don't care for the throat hit you get from the DCs...... :-\ now, if someone comes out with a large tank mod for the CE3s that doesn't leak...... :-\ well, then you can count me in. ;D
Nick

Offline b3ast1e

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 06:40:03 PM »
*snip* now, if someone comes out with a large tank mod for the CE3s that doesn't leak...... :-\ well, then you can count me in. ;D
I hear you bro. I got on really well with my last batch of CE3s and man, they just rock 'n roll forever and a day. I even learned to tame the gurgle monster  - all in the wrist :). Gotta say though, hated filling the f***ers from the very beginning and it's what's driven me to other things tbh.

Almost went the map tank route but read soooooo much bad press it wasn't even funny.

Offline Hiigy

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 11:00:55 AM »
well had it a couple hours now the vapour output seems to be on par of that of the normal c attys.  just notice that thats what ive noticed and ive been lightly hitting on this thing for a short while will have to see how they stand up against the test of time. in honesty the extra throat hit doesnt seem to be bothering me that much.  Decided to get a bottle of state express rl to try it out with something I figured would work well with that little hole.

Can't wait to see how it works with my home mixes (bought a bottle of 100ml pg to to see if that helps to carry the flavour over a bit better and see if i cant reduce my flavouring from 25% down to 15-20)  so far so good.  Just mixed up a batch of homebrew letting it rest a bit before i try it. 20% de ionized water and 80% vg to mix try and water down the vg to a reasonable lvl.  with 20% pg and slowly increase see if i can tame my allergy to the pg down to a livable level.

Anyway new query how do you manage a flavour swap with these cartos?? freash carto per flavour or is it possible to vape through and swap the flavour that way??
If the above post looks a little on the bad side please forgive me heh.  My iPhone is not the best device for posting ;)

Offline Iamdickyc

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 03:58:55 PM »
I have both size DCT and they are both fantastic.  I prefer the 3.5mm one because of the size.  I call them my "Crack pipes".  the Atty lasted about 2 weeks but they are so cheap I am not worried.  Got 2 x 1000ma batteries and they last all day.  So dont be shy, enjoy them.
Dickyc

Unable to load the 'forum.totallywicked-eliquid.com_below' template.