Author Topic: Is this our last New Year?  (Read 9413 times)

Offline lordy

• Steve
Re: Is this our last New Year?
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2012, 06:46:15 AM »
Well Eddy, I agree with you with regards to lots of what you say. However where Biblical prophecy is concerned I'm afraid you're wrong. As I said in my posts above, the Bible has been accurate in all prophecies. Whether they relate to the first coming of Jesus (dies in the manner predicted 700 years before his birth in Isaiah, just as one example) or his return, there are many fulfilled prophecies that are difficult to ignore. The reformation of Israel as a nation and the resurrected roman empire are the most startling for me. There was nothing about the political idealogue of the times that would suggest the Roman Empire would fall, let alone be resurrected almost 2000 years later. There are a lot of other startling correlations, and I'm happy to give you sources - PM me if you'd like them.

But, as I've said before, I fail to see how anyone can give dates for when these cataclysmic events are supposed to take place. The Mayan calendar was on a TV program recently, that demonstrated that the original stones were broken, so although they can see a prophecy related to 2012, and that prediction is the last made by the Mayans, what the prediction relates to cannot be concluded because of the breaks in the stones. This has lead to a lot of speculation - and the speculation got in the way of that incontrovertible fact.

When it comes to the 'rapture', the 'rapture' isn't even Biblical. it's a concept that was formed by evangelical US Christians based on a few Bible verses. The verses on their own have no context, but it didn't stop the successful 'left behind' series of books embellishing these claims. Nor did it stop people hanging on those fictional works as if there was a possibility they would occur.

Biblically it says that not even 'the Son of Man' (Jesus) knows the time he is appointed to return, so anyone who has claims to the contrary is rather misguided.  Also, the Bible doesn't refer to a catastrophic end - it refers to a final battle/war after which there will be a new beginning. There is no end of the world - just an end to the rot and decay that has plagued mankind for millennia. A restoration to the way things were originally intended - and people don't have look far past the end of their nose to see that humanity took a very wrong turn somewhere down the line.

Offline The Vape Escape

• Tornado T, Titan, screwdriver mk2, Ego C
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2012, 03:39:20 PM »
Hmm.. A deep subject for sure. Not a religious guy but have my own beliefs based around the idea that we all lead hundreds of lives with the aim of learning different things with each pass through. I kinda like the idea that we choose the key things that happen in each one of our many lives prior to coming down, in order to continue to evolve as individuals.. What we often percieve as fate, is actually us living out our own choices.. Which is why it can sometimes seem strangely familiar.. Deja vous? .. Same deal right there. That's a very basic idea of the premise anyway. I won't get into though it as I have always maintained that the forum works best if it follows the dinner party rules!  :D
 Still, with regard to the whole 2012 thing.. I personally am not that bothered either way. The only downside would be if I'd just placed a big order with TW the night before. Apart from that.. Sit back.. Relax and Vape away.. Still, just read there's some massive solar flares predicted for this year by NASA?  ??? So maybe there's something in after all?!  :-\  ;)

Facebook - The single most powerful tool for population control ever created!  Only when the power of love overcomes the love of power.. will the world truly know peace.  Barri

Offline JohnEAngel

• final incarnate of 3D Earth
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2012, 10:16:27 PM »
crop circles are energy fields strategically placed all over the globe for a particular reason.  even after the design has withered away, the energy fields remain in place unseen. 
Help wanted.  Need assistant to refill my cartos and charge my batteries must be willing to work for eliquid wages.

Offline eddy-r3

« Reply #93 on: February 02, 2012, 12:38:42 PM »
Anyone know much about the strange sounds being heard from around the world?  :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU7i9YqbaLw&list=UU2y63k-9o2LhoeACjkBhi5g&index=1&feature=plcp

Offline lordy

• Steve
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2012, 12:43:50 PM »
Yeah I've heard about the strange noises phnomenon - people have described it as trumpets. However on teh YouTube vids I've seen, all could easily be explained from other causes.

JohnE, the crop circles thing - have you heard of a guy called David Wilcock? He's awesome - he's studied ancient civilisations, quantum physics, ley lines etc and has a unified theory. I don't agree with everytyhing he says but he makes some interesting observations/hypothesis and is good at quoting his credible sources as opposed to taking him at his word on different things.

In fact it's bang on topic with the whole 2012 thing... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEyqT2_ricA

Offline RichJr

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Hero Member
  • 😇
    • TW Forum Rules
« Reply #95 on: February 02, 2012, 07:37:36 PM »
While nothing happened every year, something happens every year.

I do everything with my iPhone. Odyssey all day baby ;D

Offline JohnEAngel

« Reply #96 on: February 02, 2012, 08:58:07 PM »
lordy,
i indeed have heard of David Wilcock, possibly the reincarnation of edgar cayce.  REALLY interesting stuff.  and you are correct that he is very factually oriented.  have you heard of Val Valerian?  some of his works should come with a warning about what could  happen if you read them.   ;D
Help wanted.  Need assistant to refill my cartos and charge my batteries must be willing to work for eliquid wages.

Offline epicado

« Reply #97 on: February 02, 2012, 10:27:45 PM »
I think the Mayans simply ran out of stone to continue the calendar!!! LMAO!  ;)
" Some days the best thing about my job is that my chair spins"

Offline RichJr

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Hero Member
  • 😇
    • TW Forum Rules
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2012, 10:49:08 PM »
I think the Mayans simply ran out of stone to continue the calendar!!! LMAO!  ;)

That's what I originally thought. Either that or they just knew they wouldn't need that much calendar. They over estimated their existence anyway. :)

I do everything with my iPhone. Odyssey all day baby ;D

Offline K8

• Heaven is a TankDriver!
« Reply #99 on: February 03, 2012, 04:39:50 PM »
I agree with eddy-r3 about the 11:11 thing (I haven't experienced it myself)  the human brain wants to make everything tidy and understandable, and seeing as I'm ever so slightly cookoo - that explains why 11:11 doesn't mean anything to me.  :P  I also agree that the brain is 'hardwired' for seeing faces - part of our survival instinct.

However, I 100% believe in life on other planets.  It's very vain and self centered to think we are the only ones.  Have they visited earth?  Absolutely,  this is a belief without proof, I just know they have.  Have they taken humans to experiment on?  I really don't know - the jury's out on that one.  :)

Kate

Look at the days - this is a true measure of our alternative (and better) lifestyle.

Offline JohnEAngel

« Reply #100 on: February 03, 2012, 11:01:22 PM »
there are thousands of people that go missing every day in the world.  and are never found. 

Offline Timuk

« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2012, 07:36:38 AM »
Maybe this has been mentioned on this thread somewhere else...... but too lazy to read all the way back over it :(

I saw a programme recently on Discovery that certainly showed the Mayans as well ahead of their time....... but it also showed how bloodthirsty they were...

An example was of a type of football / netball game played using only the knees...... the bad part being that the captain of the losing team would have his head cut off......

Shame they cant bring that back for some of the UK premier team matches :)

That aside..... they were not that clever about seeing the end of their own civilisation ????

All I know is that I will be leaving my Christmas shopping this year until after the 21st.....

Less £930 spent on Vaping so far....

Offline pufferfish

• puffball
« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2012, 07:52:15 AM »

Online Astrecks

• Administrator
  • Elite Hero Member
    • Forum Guidelines
« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2012, 08:07:17 AM »
I'm lucky enough to be visiting Ecuador next month, and apart from doing the usual "Standing astride" the equator in Quito.. which by the way is 300 metres off line.. I blame the French for that :-\ I am rather hoping I can visit Catequilla Hill, which is 3 kilometres east of Quito and is a Mayan stone circle that is bang on the equator!.... The Mayans were correct then so................... :-\

Where the French thought the equatorial line was  :-\

Where the Mayans reckon it is  :-\

I'll take some photos anyway ;D

Happy Vaping!!!  Jeff

Offline K8

« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2012, 09:48:15 PM »
lol have a great time Astrecks and Yes take some photos for us.

Kate

Look at the days - this is a true measure of our alternative (and better) lifestyle.

Offline lordy

• Steve
« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2012, 04:38:43 AM »
lordy,
i indeed have heard of David Wilcock, possibly the reincarnation of edgar cayce.  REALLY interesting stuff.  and you are correct that he is very factually oriented.  have you heard of Val Valerian?  some of his works should come with a warning about what could  happen if you read them.   ;D

I hadn't heard of Val Valerian until you mentioned him... I've listened to about 10 mins of him on YouTube and he certainly sounds interesting! I'll give him a proper listen once I've got some time.

I always knew a time would come when science and religion met in the middle. David Wilcock (and Val by the sounds of it) have joined the dots between ancient civilisations, meta and quantum physics, astronomy etc. in a very compelling way.

Far more interesting than Stephen Hawking's unified theory, and far more satisfying as we are not portrayed as 'divorced' from the mechanics of the world and universe around us.

Offline K8

« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2012, 09:33:04 AM »
Anyone know much about the strange sounds being heard from around the world?  :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU7i9YqbaLw&list=UU2y63k-9o2LhoeACjkBhi5g&index=1&feature=plcp

wow creepy - looked at other youtube videos from around the world reporting the same strange sound.

Kate

Offline Jeffery

« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2012, 02:49:07 PM »
My vote goes to...

I believe nothing will happen - it's all hype

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2012, 04:11:43 PM »
Hi Jeffery, welcome to the forum. :)
Nick

Offline Puff

« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2012, 05:33:44 PM »
Pyramids globally beaming energy into space.
NASA and the European Space Agency have been warning the world for two years about the approaching catastrophes that may unfold during 2012 to 2013. Few listened.

Although NASA covered up the strange photon cloud that's now enveloped the solar system, the word has leaked out from some scientists.

And now, as the ominous cloud approaches it's affecting the sun and planets in measurable ways.

Amazingly, as the bizarre energy invades our space, some of the world's most famous pyramids are generating intense energy.

Several incredible incidents of visible power beams shooting skywards into space towards the region of the alien photonic cloud are well-documented.

At the same time, people around the world began hearing and recording frightening sounds—noises that seem as if the Earth itself is moaning and wailing.

All the phenomena—including measurements of the never-before-seen gigantic electrification of the turbulent sun—seem to be centered on the deadly photonic cloud that some have called a 'potential Doomsday space event.'

http://www.ufo-blogger.com/2012/02/worlds-pyramids-globally-beaming-energy.html

Strange metal boxes found along the coastlines.

http://www.huliq.com/10282/ufo-sightings-reveal-more-strange-metal-boxes-along-coastal-beaches

Tina
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 05:41:35 PM by Puff »

Offline JohnEAngel

« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2012, 09:55:10 PM »
there are pyramids all over the world, even in China.  most of these you will not see discussed in the mainstream periodicals as the focus is on the Great Pyramid and the Mayan pyramids. even more interesting is the research done on the Great Pyramid that concluded that the blocks were cut with lasers.  it's possible that we will see another new years as the time frame for the shift seems uncertain.  the Mayan calendar could refer to the beginning of the end of this world period.  this is something not to be fearful of.  the world is poisoned and unbalanced.  it's time for a recycle.   ;)

Offline bluenova

« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2012, 06:46:27 AM »
I believe that the majority misunderstand the book of Revelations. I believe the the reckoning happens all the time, it happens when we die. It's not a point in time when we will all be judged at once.

As to global disasters, I'm sure it'll happen at some point and perhaps the Mayans have predicted one or perhaps not. As I understand it global disasters happen every few million years and we are currently over due one. I'm sure Planet Earth will survive the changes but I'm not so sure about the Human race.
Vaping on: Titan-T when I need style and Torpedo VVV when I need battery life

Offline The Vape Escape

• Tornado T, Titan, screwdriver mk2, Ego C
« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2012, 07:57:57 AM »
Well, it has been said that based on Historical data, we are due for some kind of big adjustment or another.. Whether it be super volcano, meteor or some solar cloud etc.. I do wish that there weren't so many people who are down on the idea of space exploration. I know a lot of people see it as a waste of money but ultimately, the planet will not last forever. Whether you think anything will happen in the next few years or not, one thing is certain, this planet WILL be gone one day. If not now, then certainly when the sun goes Supernova? That's scientific fact rather than theory. I accept that it could be millions of years away but still, I think that in order for an alternative to be in place for future generations then, the ground work needs to carry on being laid NOW..  :-\
 Even if you think that everything is fine, If you factor in the shear number of people now alive on the planet, coupled with the fact that people will continue to live longer and longer (as medical science evolves and disasters aside) there is still going to be a big problem with a lack of resources and their management.. not to mention available space?  ??? Assuming we'd like to keep some trees.. And other planet colonisation aside,  The only options will be to build up or down I guess?
Of course, it's widely known that portions of the Mayan stones were damaged and therefor unreadable. So nobody actually knows for sure what it was they predicted for 2012.. Only that it was an 'Event' The Internet scare mongerers automatically assumed it HAS to mean some huge unmitigated disaster and therefor the end of the world.. But there's no actual evidence to prove that?
 The best thing to come out of all this, is that maybe a few people who are so lost in their little lives, might actually log off of Facebook for a bit and consider the bigger picture?!  ::) lol..
 Still, bagged a great 19% discount on some TW gear yesterday.. So all is great in the world!  ;)

Facebook - The single most powerful tool for population control ever created!  Only when the power of love overcomes the love of power.. will the world truly know peace.  Barri

Offline Serial_Vapist

« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2012, 01:08:23 PM »
well seeing as the mayans were so flipping great at predicting the end its a shame they didnt forsee their own end and adjust accordingly......... what a load of poppycock, you can no more predict the end of the world then you can predict how long that shiny new atomiser will last.
Kind Regards.

Mac

Offline JohnEAngel

« Reply #114 on: February 24, 2012, 03:08:05 PM »
The Mayans did not actually predict the end of the world.  They just made a calendar. And there still are Mayans living today. Glad to hear you snagged a good discount. Good news in a world of bad news.

Offline lordy

• Steve
« Reply #115 on: February 24, 2012, 03:45:57 PM »
There have been many claims over the centuries that the 'mob' declared as 'poppycock' that have shaped historical/scientific endeavour for the proceeding milennia. That's okay, you go on thinking the same as everyone else and we'll all make progress as a side benefit ;)

Offline Serial_Vapist

« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2012, 06:24:25 PM »
There have been many claims over the centuries that the 'mob' declared as 'poppycock' that have shaped historical/scientific endeavour for the proceeding milennia. That's okay, you go on thinking the same as everyone else and we'll all make progress as a side benefit ;)

I'm not sure how a claim about the world ending will shape the proceeding milennia, if its right then well all be dead, if it is indeed poppycock then it will fall into the same annals of all the other end of the world claims that have turned out to be nonsense as well. What progress do you intend to make if its actually true and you're just as dead as the rest of the mob ?
Kind Regards.

Mac

Offline JohnEAngel

« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2012, 08:49:15 PM »
it's the end of the third dimension planet.  humanity will survive. 

Offline MonkiMonster

« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2012, 09:28:54 PM »
OMG OMG OMG!!!  I don't know why but this is the last place I thought I would find lightworkers!  This ROCKS! :o ;D
Your Friendly Neighborhood Monki Monster

Offline pufferfish

• puffball
« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2012, 05:02:23 AM »
Lightworkers can be found in the oddest of places, Monki  8)
Although I've yet to find a banker........

Unable to load the 'forum.totallywicked-eliquid.com_below' template.