Author Topic: DV Coconut  (Read 1697 times)

Offline tez77

DV Coconut
« on: December 09, 2011, 01:57:12 PM »
I love the taste of coconut so ordered some DV coconut 18mg. Opened the bottle and mmmm smells lovely. Loaded up a brand new clearomiser and yuck, I mean seriously yuck, tastes like sick :(

Surely it shouldn't taste that bad, what are the chances there is something wrong with it?

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was the genius - Dilbert

Offline tez77

Re: DV Coconut
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 12:57:29 AM »
Might have to take that back, suspect it was the clearos, everything ive tried in them today tastes bloody awful :(

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was the genius - Dilbert

Offline blindsoup

• SR Atty -Tornado Booster mixed with PR American Red Tobacco = :)
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 03:06:28 AM »
Nope, you were right no....I love coconut, but the DV is just down-right foul.... ???
"I love this COMMUNITY!"

Offline 8Ball

• NickFish
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 03:39:32 AM »
I love the DV Coconut.  It's one of my daily vapes, but it does taste quite a bit different depending on what you put it in (more so than any other flavor I've vaped).  It tastes horrid in a Tornado Mega D/C (in fact I threw out the D/C after one vape!).  It's not bad in a CE3, but it's wonderful in a Tank.  I've never tried it in a clearo though.  Maybe I never will now. :-\
Nick

Offline drahcir

• meganado passthru, clearos, tanks
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 04:12:48 AM »
never tried the dv coconut straight. I always mixed it with choc-au-lait, and  i would do my own pina colada- dv pineapple, dv coconut,and dv lime zinger. but to me coconut any coconut smells like sun tanning lotion to me. My mom use to use a lotion that had coconut in it and that smell and comparison has stuck with me for 20 years now. Oh I also have never used the ready made liquid always DIY.

deja moo -the feeling  that you've heard someones BullSh!t before.
Life is like a roller coaster it has it's ups and downs and sometimes throws you fpr a loop than it  stops

Offline blindsoup

• SR Atty -Tornado Booster mixed with PR American Red Tobacco = :)
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 05:13:39 AM »
never tried the dv coconut straight. I always mixed it with choc-au-lait, and  i would do my own pina colada- dv pineapple, dv coconut,and dv lime zinger. but to me coconut any coconut smells like sun tanning lotion to me. My mom use to use a lotion that had coconut in it and that smell and comparison has stuck with me for 20 years now. Oh I also have never used the ready made liquid always DIY.

I totally get that....you are spot on with that.....
"I love this COMMUNITY!"

Offline tez77

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 11:37:16 AM »
I love the DV Coconut.  It's one of my daily vapes, but it does taste quite a bit different depending on what you put it in (more so than any other flavor I've vaped).  It tastes horrid in a Tornado Mega D/C (in fact I threw out the D/C after one vape!).  It's not bad in a CE3, but it's wonderful in a Tank.  I've never tried it in a clearo though.  Maybe I never will now. :-\

I found it really dissapointing that an atty should mess with the flavor so much. I had to throw out the clearo the taste was so gross. I put apple and also cinnamon in two other clearos and they both taste gross too, was not happy I bought the clearos but now im wondering if its just those flavours.

Im so confused, vaping shouldnt be this much hassle :(

Offline pufferfish

• puffball
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2011, 12:32:12 PM »
Im so confused, vaping shouldnt be this much hassle :(

It's a funny old thing, but in a way it was less hassle when we had no choices like we do today. It was a case of make it work for you or go back to the alternative, and I'm sure a lot of people did give up for that reason.
Vaping is still in its infancy in terms of equipment...and it's come an awfully long way in a few short years.
New devices are being designed all the time...we have the eGo-C on its way and that outperforms the previous models (IMHO) and before it's hit the shelves there's new stuff in the pipeline.
You have to bear in mind that we are the early pioneers here... our experiences and discussions here on the forum are shaping the future as we speak...each time a new piece of equipment arrives, we fall on it like a crowd of locusts and strip it bare (literally in many cases!) and design flaws very quickly come to light and then a new version arrives for us to dissect.
I don't speak for any of the rest of you although I know most will agree, but I'm pretty excited to be breaking new ground with this extraordinary development in lifestyle choice.
The disappointments along the way are all a necessary part of the search for the excellent.
Jason started TW with a vision; read the potted history of TW on the website if you haven't already:
I'm with TW because I applaud his ethical stance and the determination to make this work, for us all and for generations to come.

??? Excuse me, can someone help me down from this high horse I seem to be on ?  ???
Love it  8)

Offline cyborg

• Elite Member
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2011, 12:41:15 PM »
No you stay where you are puffer
YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED Smiley" border="0

Offline tez77

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2011, 05:15:42 PM »

It's a funny old thing, but in a way it was less hassle when we had no choices like we do today. It was a case of make it work for you or go back to the alternative, and I'm sure a lot of people did give up for that reason.
Vaping is still in its infancy in terms of equipment...and it's come an awfully long way in a few short years.

I first tried vaping probably 3 ish years ago, spent well over 100 on the startup and gave up on it within weeks because the equipment was in its infancy. Clearly it had massive potential so I stepped back and waited. Now three years on I decided to try it again and yes, things have most definitely improved... but certainly not by 3 years worth. I've spent the last 15 years in IT system and software development so perhaps I am comparing chalk and cheese but given the large markup there is in this stuff surely R&D has been well enough funded for things to have progressed. For example, I honesly thought on my return we would be looking at properly sealed nic containers/tanks (thus avoiding the possibility of any leakage at all) utilising some kind of piezoelectric injection to the atomizer (think inkjet printer) but we are still relying on essentially the same technology as we were 3 years ago.

New devices are being designed all the time...we have the eGo-C on its way and that outperforms the previous models (IMHO) and before it's hit the shelves there's new stuff in the pipeline.
You have to bear in mind that we are the early pioneers here... our experiences and discussions here on the forum are shaping the future as we speak...each time a new piece of equipment arrives, we fall on it like a crowd of locusts and strip it bare (literally in many cases!) and design flaws very quickly come to light and then a new version arrives for us to dissect.

I don't speak for any of the rest of you although I know most will agree, but I'm pretty excited to be breaking new ground with this extraordinary development in lifestyle choice.
The disappointments along the way are all a necessary part of the search for the excellent.

Thats all well and good if this stuff was cheaper. Without wanting to sound big headed, its not so much of a problem for me as I have a reasonable amount of disposable income but I think prices should come down to reflect the current development states of the products. Personally I feel that whilst your product is in the early development stages, the more people you can get to try it, the more feedback you'll receive, the quicker you can address issues. 

Jason started TW with a vision; read the potted history of TW on the website if you haven't already:
I'm with TW because I applaud his ethical stance and the determination to make this work, for us all and for generations to come.

Im not bashing Jason in any way here but lets not forget, like anyone that starts a business, Jason started TW because he wanted to make money. I've work for many companies with cutsie mission statements and the like but the bottom line is always about money :)

Don't get me wrong on this though, I love vaping, I love my tonado-t and as I mentioned before, it is a vast improvement on days gone by but in my mind there's no doubt, its still too expensive and underdeveloped... that said, perhaps im just grumpy this evening for lack of a nic-hit in the pat few hours :)

Offline E.T.

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 04:37:24 AM »
Ive found that The dv coconut is one of the only flavors that is nearly impossible to get out of an atty / carto , other than the menthol ...yuck

Unable to load the 'forum.totallywicked-eliquid.com_below' template.