Author Topic: Question about Clearomizers  (Read 3958 times)

Offline Crowedude654

Question about Clearomizers
« on: December 08, 2011, 10:30:51 PM »
I'm sure there is a post similiar to this somewhere but I got tired of looking.
Anyway, I just got my regular clearomizers and I have XLs on the way.  Trying to fill these things, I took off the outer mouthpiece and ruined the clearomizer by trying to remove the inner seal. Upon closer inspection, I found that the seal had two holes in it, so I just filled the next one without taking it off.  It works okay, but I have some concerns.
The plastic is smoky, not clear like the photos.  Also, the inside looks different and I don't think the inner seal is meant to be removed.  Also, the inner seal is black, not white.
I went and took a look at the pictures again, and found that the clearomizers change between pictures.  The picture of the individual clearos are what I thought I was getting.  When I looked at the picture of the open 5-pack of clearos, those are the ones I actually got.
So I suppose my question is, did I get an old model or something?  Which ones am I getting with the XLs?  Am I supposed to remove the inner seal on these ones and has anyone figured out how to get them out?

Darth Vaper

Re: Question about Clearomizers
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 09:01:56 AM »
Hey Crowedude654 welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you have the filling part figured out already... there is a video at the bottom of the Clearomisers page on how to fill and use them.
http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/clearo-carto-mizers/clearomizers/510-xl-clearomizer-ultimate-version-2-product.html

The clearomisers come in two styles smokey tinted and clear. The new Ultimate version is a clouded clear plastic so the will look a little different. The pictures on the website still have not been updated with the new ones. The new ultimates also do not use the inner rubber seal that has to be removed to fill them.... just remove the mouthpiece to fill the atomiser with a needle.

So if your Clearomiser is a foggy look semi transparent plastic it is an Ultimate and the inner ring does not need to be removed

If it is very easy to see through then it is the old version which has been discontinued. The old version has the 1/8 inch inner ring to cover the two filler holes .I think they put them in there thinking it would curb any leaking and stop eliquid from getting drawn out the filler holes on an inhale. Really didn't see much of a difference without without them so I would just leave them out.

Hope that helps and doesn't confuse you more.

Offline Crowedude654

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 10:26:02 PM »
Nope, that was very concise; thank you.  I just wasn't sure which was the old model and which was the new, but I guess I got the new ones with the foggy plastic.  I'm actually relieved that there's no inner seal.  Like so many others, out of the box I got a burning taste and I didn't really feel like expanding the holes with an Xacto knife.  With these I just took the outer tube off, popped off the seal, put the tube back on and put the seal back in through the top.  Just gave the wick more space.  Same basic concept as the mod tutorial that's out there somewhere, but no cutting.  The mouthpiece doesn't go all the way down, but it's much more consistent than the low resistance attys that I was using, and the flavor never fades.

I suppose there's just a learning curve with trying new things like this.  Thank you for the help!

Offline JohnEAngel

• final incarnate of 3D Earth
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 11:25:33 PM »
so you modded without cutting?  Not sure that I understand as I have about 15 of them unopened and want to use them.  You just took apart and put back together?
Help wanted.  Need assistant to refill my cartos and charge my batteries must be willing to work for eliquid wages.

Offline Crowedude654

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 11:58:01 PM »
I'll try to explain as best I can without pictures.  I'm no pro at this; it just worked for me. And you may break a couple like I did trying to do this.

Put the clearo in the battery.  Take out the outer mouthpiece but leave the rest intact.  Hold the battery in your palm and make sure you're holding the metallic connection part of the battery with your fingers (some people have actually pulled the battery apart).  Then, slowly pull the clear tube part off of the clearomizer.  I must stress: SLOWLY.  I destroyed two because it suddenly came apart and I broke the wiring inside.  You can also push the "guts" through with something from the mouthpiece end if the seal isn't coming loose.  At this point, you'll have the black O-ring (which you would normally fill through) sitting atop the coil. Pop that off and set aside.  At this point it may help to push the coil down too.  Next, put the clear tube back over the coil, push it all the way down, and make sure the wick and wires don't stick out the bottom.  Now, take that black O-ring that you set aside and put it back in through the top, trying to line up the slots with the wick as best you can, but don't push it all the way down.  Fill it, put the mouthpiece back on and you should be good to go.  I've found that I can't push it all the way down anyway, even if I wanted to.

When you fill it, the needle may actually cause the O-ring to go crooked.  It didn't seem to affect anything.  If you're using the rubber nipple-tip thing that came with the clearos, you'll notice that it doesn't go all the way in.  That's fine.

This was based on somebody else's mod for the older (I think) clearomizers.  It just gives the wick more room to get to the coil.

Also, one or two times when I've tried to fill it, it started to leak out the bottom of the clearomizer.  Now, I put the needle in one hole, pull it out, and fill through the other just to make sure that both are open and there is airflow.  Just to be safe, don't fill the clearomizer while it is attached to the battery, or it may leak into it and short it out.

I hope this helps and that I wasn't too confusing.  Good luck!

Offline ruralgirl

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 01:29:26 PM »
Now I'm really confused because I got the ultimate XL clearos (the tube is foggy) but they have 2 sealing rings.  Do I actually have the new ones?

I removed the mouthpiece and the inner sealing ring and there is another black rubber ring on top of the coil.  I've taken it out and just put back the one that's the same as in my small ultimate clearos and then pushed on a drip tip.  It vapes okay but did I get what I paid for?  It is the first time I've used XL clearomisers.

Just asking.

Offline Crowedude654

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 02:54:10 PM »
Sorry, I don't know.  I only have a regular-sized ultimates.  I should be getting the XLs on Monday so I have no idea what they're supposed to look like.

Offline JohnEAngel

• final incarnate of 3D Earth
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 03:02:50 PM »
thanks for the info.   :)
Help wanted.  Need assistant to refill my cartos and charge my batteries must be willing to work for eliquid wages.

Offline C3RTIF1ED

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 10:03:30 AM »
Hi there, noticed a couple of people saying they were confused about which version they had (standard or ultimate). I have used these versions to date (standard xl, normal ultimates and xl ultimates).

The standard xls (clear plastic either colourless or smoky black) come with a mouthpiece and inner ring - you have to remove both to fill through the little holes.

The normal ultimates (the short ones) are made out of thicker plastic (its foggy white) and you only have to remove the mouthpiece to reveal the two little filling holes (there is no inner ring).

The xl ultimates come in the thicker plastic (foggy white or black) and have both the mouthpiece and inner ring.

Hope that clears it up.

Offline ruralgirl

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2011, 11:04:32 AM »
Hi there, noticed a couple of people saying they were confused about which version they had (standard or ultimate). I have used these versions to date (standard xl, normal ultimates and xl ultimates).

The standard xls (clear plastic either colourless or smoky black) come with a mouthpiece and inner ring - you have to remove both to fill through the little holes.

The normal ultimates (the short ones) are made out of thicker plastic (its foggy white) and you only have to remove the mouthpiece to reveal the two little filling holes (there is no inner ring).

The xl ultimates come in the thicker plastic (foggy white or black) and have both the mouthpiece and inner ring.

Hope that clears it up.

Actually it doesn't.  I have the standard clearomisers (ultimate version) and I just have to remove the mouthpiece and fill through the tiny holes in the black rubber ring. 

The new XL clearomisers (ultimate version?) have the foggy tubes but they have a mouthpiece and 2 inner rings.  They have to be taken out to be filled as the needle can't be poked past the second ring that doesn't appear to have any holes in it. 

Am I missing something?

Offline D4u2s0t

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2011, 11:31:25 AM »
Wow, now I'm even more confused about these...  Maybe TW can update their info in the listing?  Now i don't know if I have the old ones, or the ultimates... 

Offline tommk3cab

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 02:05:31 PM »
Wow, now I'm even more confused about these...  Maybe TW can update their info in the listing?  Now i don't know if I have the old ones, or the ultimates... 

you have the ultimate ones and what certified said was correct. Ruralgirl is just confused as I don't think she read certified's post correctly.

Darth Vaper

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 04:31:59 PM »
If the plastic is foggy looking then it's an Ultimate.

If the plastic is transparent... whether clear or tinted it is the old version.

The manufacturer can change up at any time with the o-rings include them or not .... the added tiny top ring does help prevent leaking a little ... some versions of this ring slope toward the inner hole I believe to prevent condensation from collecting at the top.

I know it gets confusing

Wait till the Mega Super Duper Ultimate come out in 3 months ....you think your confused now ..... LOL The 4th revision will put you in a straight jacket.

Offline ruralgirl

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 05:40:29 PM »

you have the ultimate ones and what certified said was correct. Ruralgirl is just confused as I don't think she read certified's post correctly.
I did read the post, there is no need to be unkind.

There is no way the clearomisers I have can be filled as the TW webpage says - remove the mouthpiece and inject juice through the filling holes.  There is another rubber ring under the rubber seal with the holes.  Both have to be removed to fill.  All I wanted to know is why there are 2 rings and is it necessary to put both of them back.

Darth Vaper

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 05:42:40 PM »
If it came with the top o-ring there no harm in putting it back in .

Offline tez77

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 06:23:39 PM »

There is no way the clearomisers I have can be filled as the TW webpage says - remove the mouthpiece and inject juice through the filling holes.  There is another rubber ring under the rubber seal with the holes.  Both have to be removed to fill.  All I wanted to know is why there are 2 rings and is it necessary to put both of them back.

I dont think anyone was being unkind, just some crossed wires here obviously :) Personally, if I had both I would put them both on, can only help against leakage.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. The guy who invented the other three, he was the genius - Dilbert

Offline tommk3cab

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 07:04:30 PM »
Wow, now I'm even more confused about these...  Maybe TW can update their info in the listing?  Now i don't know if I have the old ones, or the ultimates...  

There is no way the clearomisers I have can be filled as the TW webpage says - remove the mouthpiece and inject juice through the filling holes.  There is another rubber ring under the rubber seal with the holes.  Both have to be removed to fill.  All I wanted to know is why there are 2 rings and is it necessary to put both of them back.

I wasn't being unkind I just don't think you understood what certified meant. If you reread what he/she wrote maybe you would, in turn, see what I meant.

You pretty much said ''it doesn't clear up the confusion'' but then went on to retype exactly what certified said he/she (and I)had experienced (so you both said the same thing in a roundabout way) .

EDIT: unless your XL ultimates actually do have 2 inner rings (or donuts) as mine don't (I have never seen any clearos with 2 dounts in, that would be an error at the factory I think).

RE:EDIT: another way of putting it is if everyone defined ''inner ring'' I think it would be clearer.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 07:13:34 PM by tommk3cab »

Offline T

• At Peace with Vapin'...AAAHH
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011, 01:07:03 AM »
All my Clearo's; both the older version & the new have an inner ring, with the new one's 'tho it's not as thick as the older clearo's and is also the same color as the inner most ring, so was confusing @ first. Am loving them 'tho! ;D 
T

Offline Eurovaporizer

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2011, 01:17:11 PM »
I switched to clearomizers about a half year ago. I like the warmer smoke, and always dissasemble them with the help of a bit of juice and run a fine needle around
the large ring to lube it so it comes out easier, wash it in hot water, and dry itwith TP. cut the fluval opening larger and put it all back together. they last forever it seems. but the plastic tube cracks first at the base. so I turn the plastic around and when it cracks and I have spare time replace the tube with a syring tube that I cut off at both ends. Sort of stupid to do as they cost next to nothing anyway but....